Author Topic: "Clickable - surface"  (Read 2833 times)

qqplayer

• View Profile
"Clickable - surface"
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:26:09 AM »
I want to create a little sub menu inside my layout.
Something like the mini nes theme.
The idea is simple.
Click "alt+down" to enter into this submenu and then navigate to one of the free icons , click enter and "search-keyboard" plugin enable . second icon - filters menu , third icon...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: "Clickable - surface"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 07:29:12 AM »
It's not exactly the same, but I did something similar in my Arcadeflow theme: when you go down from the grid view you "enable" an horizontal scrollbar to scroll faster through games. It's not difficult to code, just requires a bit more complicated input management routine.

In my theme I have a "on signal" section which already tracks arrow buttons, and usually left and right are used to scroll through games. When the theme detects a "down" press from the last row it enables a switch variable (something like scrollbar_enabled = true) and this same variable is checked by the "left" and "right" case statement.
So if the variable is false "left" and "right" move the games, otherwise there's a routine to update the scrollbar.

I don't know if it helps

qqplayer

• View Profile
Re: "Clickable - surface"
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »
It's not exactly the same, but I did something similar in my Arcadeflow theme: when you go down from the grid view you "enable" an horizontal scrollbar to scroll faster through games. It's not difficult to code, just requires a bit more complicated input management routine.

In my theme I have a "on signal" section which already tracks arrow buttons, and usually left and right are used to scroll through games. When the theme detects a "down" press from the last row it enables a switch variable (something like scrollbar_enabled = true) and this same variable is checked by the "left" and "right" case statement.
So if the variable is false "left" and "right" move the games, otherwise there's a routine to update the scrollbar.

I don't know if it helps

Hi , I love your theme , I made something similar using the on signal function too.
The thing is I looked into your code but is a bit hard to replicate it for my purpose so I`ve used part of the gamestation theme to "set visible" and "invisible" part of my theme.
Is not like have a navigable menu like the mini-nes theme...

I only know a theme with this feature

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1222.0

But my brain literally exploded when I tried to replicate it  ;D