Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548048 times)

Wenzon

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.3 [Release] Updated 6 May 2019
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »
Who knows in a next update you can fix this?  ;)

Honestly... I'm already working on it :D It seems the issue is in the generation of the labels, since the display menu doesn't have a proper order, the label is always "null" and that messes with everything. I'm trying to patch it, but I think I'll need your help for some beta-testing ;D

No problems!
You can count on my help.  ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2019, 12:01:45 AM »

I saw that you have "wheel" artwork and screenshot for the different displays, like "Capcom classics", "Capcom System I" etc, where do you get them and how do you configure AM to assign each of these to the displays?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2019, 01:56:13 AM »
No problems!

I have investigated a bit the "Displays Menu" issue, first of all, I've done some tweaks to Arcadeflow so that it works with frosted glass if you use a "Default" layout for display menus, then I did some tweaks so that if you choose Arcadeflow as display menu layout, it doesn't crash and the timeline should still work. If you want you can check the attached layout.nut, so I can see how it looks when you use it as display menu.

I thought I could insert an option in Arcadeflow so that, when enabled, it would make the layout more fit to use as display menu, my idea was that the user could set the same layout (Arcadeflow) for all the displays and for the display menu, and tweak the settings of the display menu layout to enable that option. To my surprise though, if the same layout is used both as Display Menu Layout and as Display Layout, the options are shared, so this trick is a no go :(

Wenzon

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2019, 07:48:26 AM »
I saw that you have "wheel" artwork and screenshot for the different displays, like "Capcom classics", "Capcom System I" etc, where do you get them and how do you configure AM to assign each of these to the displays?

Uooouuu !!!  :o
Many questions and inquiries for my poor English.  ;D

I'll try to explain. Wheel, artwork and screenshot, I basically found it on google.

In the Attractmode settings, both must have the same name in the "Emulators and Displays" (Image1 and Image2).

In "Displays Menu Options", "Style Menu / Layout", you have to select your theme (ArcadeFlow).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 07:51:50 AM by Wenzon »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2019, 07:56:14 AM »
Many questions and inquiries for my poor English.  ;D

I'll try to explain. Wheel, artwork and screenshot, I basically found it on google.

In the Attractmode settings, both must have the same name in the "Emulators and Displays" (Image1 and Image2).

Got it. There's an issue with Attract Mode when you use the same layout for the Displays and as Display Menu, but I'm doing something like this: I'll develop an Arcadeflow theme with a "Display Menu" option. Just duplicate the theme folder and apply the copied layout as Display Menu layout, activating the option in the layout settings. In this way everything will work with no glitches and a nice appearance.

The "Display Menu" option will force some settings like:

- you'll always have square thumbs, because it's easyer :D
- no game data, button data ect will be loaded
- Scrollbar will have no labels because they don't make sense in that mode
- Overlay context menu will not work

I'm coding it right now, I'll share it as soon as ready...

Wenzon

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2019, 08:33:46 AM »
Got it. There's an issue with Attract Mode when you use the same layout for the Displays and as Display Menu, but I'm doing something like this: I'll develop an Arcadeflow theme with a "Display Menu" option. Just duplicate the theme folder and apply the copied layout as Display Menu layout, activating the option in the layout settings. In this way everything will work with no glitches and a nice appearance.

I was going to tell you about it now.  ;D

I'm coding it right now, I'll share it as soon as ready...
I will wait anxiously.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »
Sneak preview of the new "Displays Menu" mode: first image is the new layout when used as a layout for displays menu; as you can see artwork is squashed and orientation of snaps is not good, plus lots of glitches in game data and scrollbar.

Enable "Displays Menu mode" from the options and, without having to change anything else, the theme looks like the second image. And you can still customize a lot of other aesthetic elements like in the standard theme (like going 1-row for example).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:46:41 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2019, 12:12:42 PM »
Oh this looks very nice as Display Menu, love that version with a single row. Could work wonderful in a custom build using only Arcadeflow. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2019, 12:14:57 PM »
Oh this looks very nice as Display Menu, love that version with a single row. Could work wonderful in a custom build using only Arcadeflow. :)

Thanks, actually you'll have to use two instances of Arcadeflow, because the same layout can't have different options for Displays Menu and for single Displays right now. Easy fix: duplicate the entire thing LOL

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2019, 01:02:25 PM »
 ;D It happens with more layouts. No problem, the duplicate can be named "Arcadeflow - display menu" or similar ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.4 [Release] Updated 9 May 2019
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2019, 07:23:58 AM »
Arcadeflow 4.4 is out, Displays Menu is the new hot feature, so have fun and report bugs!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:47:04 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2019, 10:37:22 AM »
Great news, downloaded and can't wait to try it later. :)

PS: Where can I find the square snaps that you used in your screenshots for display menu example?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2019, 12:00:34 PM »
PS: Where can I find the square snaps that you used in your screenshots for display menu example?

I downloaded them from internet, looking for something like "Capcom wallpaper" etc. I can share them with you if you want. Also consider you don't need square snaps, the layout will crop them for you ;)

spelunkyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2019, 12:03:34 AM »
Heya, great theme! I have some issues that are probably more related to not being too familiar with Attract Mode, but wanted to check here:

• When using the horizontal-vertical aspect ratio, video snaps go past the thumbnail image
  • All games give an "Unable to locate: Title" error, despite being able to successfully generate idx files in D:\Emulation\attract-daily\history.idx
  • I can't seem to find any info on how to get the system/publisher icons to work

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2019, 12:50:27 AM »
Heya, great theme! I have some issues that are probably more related to not being too familiar with Attract Mode, but wanted to check here:

Hi and thank you for the comments!

Most of the issues you are having are caused by the fact that Arcadeflow is tailored for use with MAME, so it gets the game data (categories, number of players, controllers, manufacturer) in a way that works with MAME and probably doesn't work with other emulators.

The same is true for the thumbnails and videos: Arcadeflow is designed to use game snapshots as main artwork, with the game title on top. And the orientation of the snapshot is decided from a property that I think only MAME games have (Orientation). If that property is not present the thumbnail is vertical (I should change that) but if you use box arts instead of snaps it will not work well and the artwork will be stretched a bit (to 4:3 or 3:4 aspect).

To make a long story short, Arcadeflow is not really suited for this use, I could try to rewrite some parts to be better when using console games, but right now it's mostly an arcade game layout.

EDIT: If you have game snaps (static, not video) you can use them as "snaps" artwork and Arcadeflow should work, but orientation will probably be a mess anyway :/ In that case I suggest using "Square" option
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:25:58 AM by zpaolo11x »