Author Topic: Will this work in Android?  (Read 5363 times)

XC-3730C

• View Profile
Will this work in Android?
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
Has anyone successfully gotten this to work in Android?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Will this work in Android?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 03:17:48 PM »
I am not aware of anyone getting this to work on Android.

In theory it should work.  the libraries that AM uses all support Android.  Android is based on linux which AM supports.  I expect there would have to be some Android specific code added to make it useful (launching other activities etc.)

XC-3730C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:23:49 PM »
I would love if this worked for Android, so I wouldn't need a PC or a Pi3. If it was made to eork, I would use it on my Nvidia Shield TV, which I am sure has plenty of horsepower.

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:59 AM »

XC-3730C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »
Thought this was interesting. http://www.howtogeek.com/189036/android-is-based-on-linux-but-what-does-that-mean/

Good read. This is why I am hoping the people that made Attract Mode officially port this to Android.

wrybread

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 03:19:14 PM »
Ancient thread I know. But if anyone has happened to get this working on Android, please post. In the era of $30 Android TV devices like Chromecasts and Firesticks, it would be so nice to be able to run AttractMode on Android. MAME works well on my Chromecast with Google TV HD.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 03:28:15 AM »
Ancient thread I know. But if anyone has happened to get this working on Android, please post. In the era of $30 Android TV devices like Chromecasts and Firesticks, it would be so nice to be able to run AttractMode on Android. MAME works well on my Chromecast with Google TV HD.

As far as I know Android only supports OpenGL ES, and Attract Mode requires "full" OpenGL.