Author Topic: Does "import_extras" not read the "players" and "overview" tags of an XML file?  (Read 6201 times)

harpiufof

• View Profile
I am trying to generate a romlist with a database in XML format using the tool "Additional Import File" and so far I have not found out how to make AttractMode read this type of tags to add that information to the list of games.

I would like to know if it is necessary to change the name of the tags in the XML file so that you can read them correctly or if it is directly impossible for AM to obtain such information from this type of files.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Import extras is meant for things like "mame.xml, nplayers.ini, catver.ini, etc.". If you want to import another FE's XML file you should do it from the command line.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.4.0/Readme.md
You can also import romlists from mame listxml files as well as gamelists for other frontends. Supported source files include: *.lst (MameWah lists), *.txt (Attract-Mode lists) and *.xml (Mame listxml, listsoftware and HyperSpin lists):

attract --import-romlist <source_file> [emulator name]

harpiufof

• View Profile
Import extras is meant for things like "mame.xml, nplayers.ini, catver.ini, etc.".

I get it.

If you want to import another FE's XML file you should do it from the command line.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.4.0/Readme.md
You can also import romlists from mame listxml files as well as gamelists for other frontends. Supported source files include: *.lst (MameWah lists), *.txt (Attract-Mode lists) and *.xml (Mame listxml, listsoftware and HyperSpin lists):

attract --import-romlist <source_file> [emulator name]

I just tried this method, but the "players" and "overview" information does not import either.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What specific file and emulator/system are you trying to import?

harpiufof

• View Profile
I'm doing tests with NES. Let's say I'm using XML based on the tags that HyperSpin uses. Here I leave a sample ...

Code: [Select]
<menu>
<game name="10-Yard Fight (USA, Europe)">
<description>10-Yard Fight (USA, Europe)</description>
<desc>10-Yard Fight es un juego arcade de fútbol americano, El jugador puede enfrentarse a la computadora o a un segundo jugador en encuentros uno contra uno, además puede escoger entre cinco diferentes grados de dificultad (High School, College, Pro, Playoffs y Super Bowl). Si ganas un juego en una dificultad baja, el próximo partido que juegues lo harás en el siguiente grado de dificultad.

La jugabilidad es en un estilo de desplazamiento vertical. No hay jugadas o alineaciones para seleccionar al empezar el partido, el jugador puede tomar el mando del jugador de ataque o de uno de los dos jugadores en defensa. En las jugadas de ataque, el jugador puede mantener el balón en carrera, pasarlo a uno de los otros dos jugadores de ataque o hacer un lanzamiento largo para el receptor; una interpretación del balón significara perder la jugada de ataque y pasar a defender. En caso que no se haya logrado anotar un touchdown, se usará el sistema de patadas para puntuar o tratar de anotar un gol. Un juego consiste en dos mitades de 30 minutos (tiempo acelerado) para determinar a un ganador de 10-Yards Fight.</desc>
<year>1985</year>
<manufacturer>Irem</manufacturer>
<genre>Deportes</genre>
<players>2</players>
<crc>C38B62CB</crc>
</game>
</menu>

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A couple of things:
1. AttractMode doesn't store "overview" information in the romlist. It stores and pulls this information from individual text files (located in /AttractMode/scraper/<system>/overview/<game>.txt)
2. None of the HyperSpin xml files contain "player" or "overview" information, have a look for yourself http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/. I'm not sure where you got your file but if the standard HS files don't contain the information then the import process probably isn't looking for it.

harpiufof

• View Profile
1. Yes, I know it's like that

2. I also know that the HS XML files do not contain information about "players" or "overview". This file is a modification of a "gamelist.xml" for EmulationStation and I assumed that if I made this conversion, I could get that information from this XML. That's why I wanted to know if I had to change the name of those tags. But from what you tell me, apparently AM only reads the HS default tags, by recognizing this file as such.

Now that I know this, my next question is: Is there any other way to get this information offline / locally with some other type of database file?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
These are available in a bunch of places. Here's one http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1750.msg16099#msg16099.

You can also use the AttractMode builtin function to get these by setting your emulator.cfg file to use thegamesdb.net and then regenerate your romlist.

NES example
Code: [Select]
system               Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
info_source          thegamesdb.net

This information is also in the listxml and listsoftware functions of MAME/MESS but chances are your naming convention is different.

harpiufof

• View Profile
Ok, again, thanks for the info!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I just remembered seeing these a while back. I've never used them so I don't know if they will help you, but they might.

EmulationStation Gamelist to AttractMode Romlist Converter
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2009.msg13862#msg13862

EmulationStation Gamelist Description to AttractMode Overview (keep in mind the way that the AttractMode Overview works has changes since this post was made)
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1990.msg13738#msg13738
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:42:22 PM by progets »

harpiufof

• View Profile
I had already seen it, but personally, this method does not convince me much. Even so thanks.

rand0m

• View Profile
You can also manually change the details if romset is identical, open up both files in excel and copy/ paste the required info. Save in tab separated txt and replace tabs with ;