Author Topic: Attract mode lists  (Read 17926 times)

GeneralGoldenPanda

• View Profile
Re: Attract mode lists
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
Oh...are you windows? My fault then. That is one reason...let me get you one in the right "format".

I don't understand  what you mean by this, It wasn't like I couldn't open or read that other file. It just didn't work as intended. Are you considering a game per line the "windows" format and the other way linux? The regular catver.ini doesn't have windows or linux versions of the file, just a single version.  This version though still does the same thing as the last one .
Its ok, The gamesdb.net scraper does take a while to finish, but it works.Plus it has the extra year info that I also like. :)

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 05:54:36 PM »
I was having problems with the gamesdb.net when I started that nescatver.ini or I might never have even started it. Like I said a lot of work.

There is no Linux/windows versions per se..they are both just plain text files. However Windows has a different line ending character than Linux. Windows can not read Linux text files correctly. At least in notepad. Wordpad will open it just fine (and correct with formatting. But Wordpad will add extra information in it then notepad. I should have said something.

The games database is a little slow and doesn't get all the games categories but i can fill in the blank ones. But remember you have to be on-line to use that service. You can always back up your list once get it. and then you won't have to ever worry about it.
People want life easy..then complain about it

GeneralGoldenPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
But remember you have to be on-line to use that service.
Just to initially populate the list, it doesn't check again until you do a refresh. Once I get it set up in my controller I don't tend to do much  changes on anything until I do an update on my romset/mame version.
My romset I had before this current update was 11 versions ago. I would have just stayed with using MALA as my front end since I have had it since I first built it in 2010,but MALA doesn't work with the new versions of MAME which is why I'm here with Attract-mode.Once I get everything working how I like it on this  setup, it will be left alone until there are either important updates in MAME or Attract-mode or its been a year or so :)

tuasovi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
Can you please upload new/full version? THX!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 12:23:19 AM »
Can you please upload new/full version? THX!

This thread is pretty old. The feature additions in Attract-Mode have made this much easier since then.

Take a look at http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1165.0 and http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1563.0. These should point you in the right direction.