Author Topic: Second Monitor For Marquees (ON A MAC)  (Read 2630 times)

ZiMiNeE

• View Profile
Second Monitor For Marquees (ON A MAC)
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:59:43 AM »
Looking for advice here...
Have a beautifully running HP2 setup on my MacMini with a 32" Dell monitor. I'm looking to add a second monitor above it to display marquee art (specific art per game) as I plan my cab build.
Anyone have input or success with a second monitor that shows marquees? Software or hardware driven? Searched high and low, but only get processes for PC based HP systems, not for MAC. Any advice would be appreciated...

What I’ve already done/tried below:

I have multi-screen enabled in attract mode, and when a ROM launches, the second screen just goes black - nothing showing. Exit the ROM and it's back at the desktop on the second monitor. Also didn't see anywhere in AM where it enabled marquees to show up tho...saw all other art options...

All marquee art in the ROM/arcade/marquee folder (only testing arcade first). Tried moving monitor orientations in settings to the top, left, right, etc - nothing changes. Setup as two monitors, not mirrored in Settings. Launched HyperPie, went into AM settings, and confirmed that multi-monitor support is "yes"

Tried all three screen/window options - fullscreen, fill screen, and window mode. When i'm scrolling through the HP2 menus, second monitor just shows desktop. When I launch a ROM, screen still goes black. Exit the ROM, back to the desktop on second mon.

All art in /roms/arcade/marquees

Box art, cart art, flyer all show fine in primary monitor (all in their respective folders)

Went into specific emulator settings and confirmed paths to all art (box, cart, snap, marquee) - all paths good.

Just can't get anything to show on the second monitor, which is responding to some trigger as it goes black when the ROM is launched, just no content.

I don't see any settings anywhere that push specific art to the second monitor. Only thing relating to that is the setting to enable multi-monitor, and it's set to "yes" (general setting on tab).

Also checked emulator paths (specific to arcade) - all paths good there too as all other art shows proper, but in the primary display.

Is there any setting that needs to be changed in Retroarch to match up with HP2 (don't think so, but reaching at this point).

So frustrating, but i'm sure there's some fix somewhere, or something i'm missing...

I hope we can get it working…

Thanks in advance…

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Second Monitor For Marquees (ON A MAC)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »
hey there,

multiple monitor support on the mac hasn’t been implemented yet in attract-mode.  We still don’t have a mac developer for the project  :( and this is one of a couple features that still need some mac-specific magic to get working....

ZiMiNeE

• View Profile
Re: Second Monitor For Marquees (ON A MAC)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »
Raygun - thanks for the update. I'd love to help out as much as I can or test anything that would help this along. Have multiple MACs here and been a MAC user for life - know the in's and out's of all systems and OS's MAC-related. Not a dev tho. Please reach out to me if there's anything I can do.

Love HS and AM on my MAC, and all that's missing is a sweet digital marquee above that 32" screen :)

Thanks, and keep me updated if you'd like to...

Greg