Author Topic: ArcadeFlix - Theme  (Read 4273 times)

sergiohyperspin

• View Profile
ArcadeFlix - Theme
« on: October 20, 2021, 05:06:45 PM »
I want to share a theme that i made after i saw one member here post a picture of an attempt to make a theme like Artflix from Alekfull for batocera, but this theme never came to be.

I have struggled a little to find a base theme. I used ioflat theme from iOtero as base, a lot of code from Yaron19 and the visual and some art from Alekfull theme.

The thumbs up is used for favorites. In the right upper side you can change the avatar picture (20 options) and in the right middle there a esrb flag. If there is no esrb information will show "L". The thumbs and background can be changed.

The theme is simple as is my knowledge of coding, but i think it turns out beautiful, anyway, if anyone want to improve or make any suggestions, please, i will be grateful.

There are two themes:

a) For Systems:
https://youtu.be/XjpJElrt6tw
https://mega.nz/file/Go1kCSTQ#ehYl1CZbmgAu3B63AhyYQ1CFuLQMOypQuQFgIEgpK5w

b) For Games:

https://youtu.be/fxZzXP4VDQM
https://mega.nz/file/Po8EFIiB#fGSNUr1lMmPuH5QqHkq1FonNlOdD79GRAIG1XPtYcE4

The themes relies on creating a "flyer" artwork in the emulators config.

The menu theme need to copy some art from /objs/arts/ to /attract/menu-art/flyer for the visual effects.

Thats it

Hope you like.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:18:06 AM by sergiohyperspin »

jclampy69

• View Profile
Re: ArcadeFlix - Theme
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 03:06:18 PM »
Hi, I haven't tested your theme out yet, but looking at your linked youtube videos I like what I see and wanted to say that.
It looks like a nice theme with some nice features and concepts going on.  :)

sergiohyperspin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 07:37:33 PM »
Thanks! I hope you like when you test the theme.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 07:32:43 AM »
Hopefully you are still alive and in the forum. I am just testing this now and I love it, but I have honest feedback on it.

The bottom half is just a mess, a total mess if I am being honest.

I honestly hate the white box which shows you which system/game you are on, if you are using logo's then it looks too big, and in your face.

I had a very quick look to see if I could remove that box, as it honestly is bad. I will have a proper look soon as it really is bugging me lol

I also think that with six at the bottom your are scrunching it too tightly, I still need to do a lot more testing as I am just setting up a new build of AM as my final build.

The arcade flix icon at the top left of the menu, maybe a bit small especially when you look at the wheel logo, that is middle left of the screen. The smiley faces at the top right, mmmmm not a fan of those, but each to their own.

You have a winner on your hands, just that box needs to be removed or replaced with something better, I will do some more testing and see what else, I can suggest.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 07:48:56 AM »
To remove the annoying white box

layouts/ArcadeFlix-Menu/objs nuke the file called selector.png

No more annoying white box then lol

I will try and suggest something else that you can use.

Another suggestion is maybe add how many games are available for the menu system, I think that might look pretty cool, if optional in settings.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 07:57:26 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville