Author Topic: Intro Gallery - Post a link to your favourite intro  (Read 2383 times)

squareboy

• View Profile
Intro Gallery - Post a link to your favourite intro
« on: February 09, 2022, 05:25:47 PM »
I was looking for a good into movie to open up my attract mode experience. I'm new to attract mode and I did some searching on you tube, but nothing was perfect.
I decided to grab some inspirational videos and remix them. This is not original content.

Here is the result: (sources are listed in the details of youtube video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6X_wXYDKt8

If you are interested I have uploaded a 320x240 size which is the same size as the AM intro, so it works full screen with the built in intro.nut file: https://mega.nz/file/ztlk2KrC#QyMXNrAPVgsS99kv3OrON0c_qFGYZqPDWA5TRL0kyUc  (This also works full screen on a vertical build)
Here is a hires  1920x1080 version if needed as well: https://mega.nz/file/z59GnKDB#JxJijWgHx265kIF4pqnF3ODJo8S3VIPb8aEbCvKD0Vw
If you need a specific resolution higher than the 320x240 for your build message me and I will see what I can do.

I look forward to seeing some intros!

Cheers!

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Intro Gallery - Post a link to your favourite intro
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 12:25:55 AM »
A nice job editing BUT

it is SCREAMING HyperSpin, HyperSpin

When you know what the original videos are from, then it kind of puts you off lol You can put lipstick and a wig on a pig, but it still looks like a pig.

I want to escape from the HS chaos and have a clean system.

While others want the HS look but not HS itself, hopefully this suits someone else, but I just know where it comes from lol

I also do not use an intro video, once you have seen it for the millionth time, what is the point?

Ok, so I am bored and I have watched this quite a few times now, so I will give some feedback.

1) I hate the music, every time I have watched it the music gets on my nerves and it is like watching a dubbed movie, the music doesn't suit the video, it sounds like it is an action movie that is dubbed to the sound of music to give an example.
2) The wipeout is starting to look the odd one out now, the more I watch it (I turned off the sound) it is a great and fantastic edit, don't get me wrong, but seeing all the retro pixel images, and then pixels the movie and then suddenly wipeout with beautiful graphics makes it stand out from the rest.
3) I just realised why, you have gone from 4:3 to 16:9 on Wipeout, always a fatal error to do that. You then go back to 4:3 after pixels movie.

You have a lot of talent, but I would just make a new video from scratch, so you have the pixels movie at the start, and then wipeout and other stuff, and you keep everything 16:9 instead of doing old skool graphic games, you do an intro that has all the remakes of the games. Me personally I would have just chopped the HyperSpin stuff off and just used the main intro if I really wanted an intro to play.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 01:29:15 PM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

squareboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 01:28:59 PM »
Since I'm new to frontends I don't have the foreknowledge of seeing the brand coming through the imagery.  My intention was to make an unbranded video depicting the excitement of the arcade or gaming experience.  I guess I failed there if it just leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth of "the other brand."

I agree there is something to be said of keeping things simple and clean, especially when you are going to listen or see something over and over.
I subscribe to the belief that it takes a lot of work to make something simple, and no work at all to make something complicated.

Sometimes nothing at all is better than a placeholder.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. 

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 01:36:39 PM »
I just edited my post for more feedback.

However, when you are new to something, everything seems new and exciting, to which it is, but that soon fades. A lot of us have been using front ends (FE's) for decades now and pretty much the first one that we started on had to be HS as really there was nothing out there.

When I first saw all the graphics and the into videos I thought WOW, and this was before I started building my system, it was a case of I want it. I got it, used it for years and then CoinOps came along as I had grown bored of the chaotic mess that it became to me in the end. Once more, I got fed up of the chaotic mess that CoinOps became ever changing front ends, never powerful enough to run a full library and out of date emulators that I ended up trying AM.

I was trying hard not to go back to HS, and I am glad that I stuck with AM as I have to say that it is the best front end out there in my eyes, even better than lunchbox.

Welcome to front ends, you have started your journey well by being here.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 06:04:50 PM »
thumbs up to that....mark
help a friend....

albert_c

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 04:08:28 AM »
I made this intro based upon the credits opening from the movie Blade Runner. I was always mesmerized by the theme and somberness of the music that played over this. I thought I'd repurpose it as an intro:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/en7sCVZoHWdGorfD6
Took me 3 years to just to get HyperSpin to work. Then spent the past 4 years suffering through all the bugs that will never be fixed. After the few days it took to figure out Attract Mode, I have deleted my HyperSpin directory. Bye HyperSpin, bye!

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 01:03:30 AM »
Looks very cool squareboy! And nice editing work! I don't have the HS experience so it's all new to me.

I agree that in general the concept of an intro video could get old quickly, so keeping it short seems important.