Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523612 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
Drum roll... I thought you were on Dietpi! :) I kid, I kid... Seriously though, did you really have to evoke the whole diet thingy. Sigh... Oh, how the struggle.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2016, 04:51:44 PM »
Mayki07-

You might try playing around with the sleep command that Floob put in to address keyboard problems with AM.

You can find it here -> /etc/profile.d/10-emulationstation.sh

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2016, 09:23:51 PM »
Hiya!

I think the Al lib error is fairly benign but annoying. To fix it, install pulseaudio. 

Update, I would hold off using pulseaudio for now. Until, some further testing can be done.

Any ideas on the glGetError 0x500 ? It doesn't seem to effect anything for running roms etc but it does bring up a the screen while loading the rom to show the error. If it were fixed it might bypass showing any console text? That's the only issue I am having with the non X Attract Mode version, the X version did not show any console text while loading roms.

Hi there, I don't know what is causing these errors, but they seem harmless.

To stop them from showing, run attract mode with the following command:
Code: [Select]
attract &> /dev/null
Or to completely stop console clutter, you could try:
stty -echo;attract &> /dev/null; stty echo
cheers

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
Hiya!

I think the Al lib error is fairly benign but annoying. To fix it, install pulseaudio. 

Update, I would hold off using pulseaudio for now. Until, some further testing can be done.

Any ideas on the glGetError 0x500 ? It doesn't seem to effect anything for running roms etc but it does bring up a the screen while loading the rom to show the error. If it were fixed it might bypass showing any console text? That's the only issue I am having with the non X Attract Mode version, the X version did not show any console text while loading roms.

Hi there, I don't know what is causing these errors, but they seem harmless.

To stop them from showing, run attract mode with the following command:
attract &> /dev/null
Or to completely stop console clutter, you could try:
stty -echo;attract &> /dev/null; stty echo
cheers

Thanks for the quick reply to this.

Just tried these out.

attract &> /dev/null  This crashes the boot cycle and bumps it back into the console, have to edit the profile.d file to get it to boot again after that.

stty -echo;attract &> /dev/null; stty echo  This doesn't seem to do anything but run it exactly as it was showing the console when running a rom.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2016, 08:19:32 PM »
Mayki07-

You might try playing around with the sleep command that Floob put in to address keyboard problems with AM.

You can find it here -> /etc/profile.d/10-emulationstation.sh

If you use the non-x SFML & Attract-Mode compile and then run attract mode with x windows, the keyboard doesn't work no matter how long of a delay you use. I have tried this with Floobs image and my own image and they both have the same problem. The funny thing is that the tab and arrow keys work fine on the keyboard but you can't type in Attract-Mode.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2016, 06:11:49 AM »
Progets-

That is odd then. You could try reinstalling these packages which supposedly fix x keyboard issues.

xorg-xkbcomp, xorg-xkbevd and xorg-xkbutils packages

Mayki07

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2016, 10:48:38 AM »
Progets:
What device you use, Rpi 2 or RPi 3?
On the Rpi 3, I was unable to install a wireless Loitech keyboard K700 or on the clean version Retropie 3.7. On the Rpi 2 and dualboot Openelec and Retropie 3.0  Logitech keyboard works.  :-\

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
Progets:
On the Rpi 3, I was unable to install a wireless Loitech keyboard K700 or on the clean version Retropie 3.7. On the Rpi 2 and dualboot Openelec and Retropie 3.0  Logitech keyboard works.  :-\

I run a wireless keyboard, RPi3 with RetroPie 3.7/Attract Mode. I compiled my own image though, no issues with the keyboard except as Progets pointed out the actual A-Z keys don't work in the X version. I use the non X version anyway so it makes zero diff to me.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
Progets:

I run a wireless keyboard, RPi3 with RetroPie 3.7/Attract Mode. I compiled my own image though, no issues with the keyboard except as Progets pointed out the actual A-Z keys don't work in the X version. I use the non X version anyway so it makes zero diff to me.

I'm using a RPI3. My issue is exactly as described above, the keyboard works in X windows but not the A-Z keys. The keyboard works fine outside of X windows.

Maouu

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »
Hello, Thanks for the image !! it work very well :)

I just want to know how can i put a slapshscreen when the game launching (and why not when exiting) ?!! I use mame4all..

Thanks you

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2016, 02:58:16 PM »
Hello, Thanks for the image !! it work very well :)

I just want to know how can i put a slapshscreen when the game launching (and why not when exiting) ?!! I use mame4all..

Thanks you

You can configure the runcommand menu in EmulationStation to Launch menu art.
That will display your flyer or box art when launched if you have the correct path to the "[romname]-image" art folder.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:00:30 PM by Finhead »

Maouu

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2016, 03:02:11 PM »
Ok thanks you very much for the quickly response !!

I use only Attract Mode, not EmulationStation... I can't put a generic splashcreen for all the games ?!

It is possibly to change the blue Retropie splashscreen at the boot ?!! I can't find the directory where the image is..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:12:44 PM by Maouu »

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »
Ok thanks you very much for the quickly response !! I can't put a generic splashcreen for all the games ?!

It is possibly to change the blue Retropie splashscreen at the boot ?!! I can't find the directory where the image is..

Not that I am aware of, you need the image name to match the rom name to launch as far as I know.
My images that ES uses (and AM will as well if setup) are located in
/opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/downloaded_images/[emulator name]

Splashscreen location, I use a video myself but easy to change images with the menu in ES.
/home/pi/RetroPie/splashscreens
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/splashscreen

You should really go through the RetroPie Wiki it's full of useful info. ;)
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki

Maouu

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »
Ok thanks I've succeeded !! but I can't find the blue Retropie screen at the boot of the rpi !! I would just replace the image by my own image or disable it.

I check the Retopie wiki but I can't localize the image, do you know where it is ?!

In the "/home/pi/RetroPie/splashscreens" there is nothing..

I looking for this image for replace it :

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:53:29 PM by Maouu »

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2016, 03:54:40 PM »
Ok thanks I've succeeded !! but I can't find the blue Retropie screen at the boot of the rpi !! I would just replace the image by my own image or disable it.

I check the Retopie wiki but I can't localize the image, do you know where it is ?!

In the "/home/pi/RetroPie/splashscreens" there is nothing..

Sorry try this, pertty easy to look around at folders and see where things are placed.

/opt/retropie/supplementary/splashscreen