Author Topic: Win10: Short Freezes when removing media from the display after installing new G  (Read 1370 times)

GuiltClause

• View Profile
I have just replaced the graphics card on my dedicated Windows 10 game emulation PC. After installing the GPU drivers, Attract Mode runs at single-digit framerates, and each time Attract Mode needs to remove scraper media from the display it will freeze for about ten seconds. This includes scrolling between games, changing views, and even changing layouts. I have had this problem once before on a Windows 7 pc after switching the GPU, and the only way I could find to solve it was to fully format the operating system drive and reinstall everything from scratch – not a fun weekend.
Troubleshooting steps taken:
Delete the Attract Mode installation folder and install the newest version – no change
Change themes – no change
Toggle video decoder options – no change
Use the windows disk cleanup utility to remove all temporary files and clear the shader cache – no change
Is there a known fix for this issue? Is there recommendations?

EDIT: The freezes no longer happen this morning... so perhaps the answer was rebooting after clearing the shader cache? I'm at a loss. The framerate is still bad, but that's a lot less offensive.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 11:49:01 AM by GuiltClause »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
@ GuiltClause
still sounds like graphic cards driver problem.

-uninstall old software of old graphics card
(if not available, use DDU Tool)
-goto website of your current graphics card manufacturer and download current drivers

if not still working:
maybe there is a problem with pci port. so update mainboard drivers and mainboard bios too.
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM