Author Topic: LAVA v1.0 Official Release.  (Read 33135 times)

takoni

• View Profile
LAVA v1.0 Official Release.
« on: June 11, 2019, 07:01:02 AM »
Yaron has made a nice update for Lava theme:
"I made it compatible for both 16:9 and 16:10 screen aspect ratios and I fixed a big memory leak in the random sound function".

Here is a link for the updated version:
https://mega.nz/file/MZkyRAKR#Dm90iqgUpKSgXuy1lVXadCsH_LiwYRtpNS4GbY5i8lE

Here is a video of the previous version , early state of design, i will update the video soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jk6nRyxUaY&t=35s

For good order, if you don't have them already, you can download the random wheel sounds from here and place them at your main Attract folder in a folder named 'sounds':
https://mega.nz/#!gJs0nQ7a!q4nYNGwxIa8Mo1mPJJ5t9HGJF58vkNe13rlNoNfl708
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:34:13 AM by takoni »

bundangdon

• View Profile
Those themes look quite good! I really like how you got the clock to work in real time too  ;D Great work!

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
when will u share your work?
looks good.
help a friend....

hallwayorchard

• View Profile
Extremely excited about this.

asahendrix

• View Profile
I CANNOT wait for this. Keep up the great work!!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello, thank you for your interest, backgrounds I copied after buying the application $ 20, but I do not know how, I received an email from MGalaxy warning me.... so... I'm waiting for the waters to calm down, maybe modify some elements of the art,... , any 3d modeller could make some room and light changes easilly ... but...

mGalaxy is available as a free or ‘Premium’ version. So why upgrading to the ‘Premium’ version?

• You give support to the development of mGalaxy.

• You get access to the edition of your databases.

Your ripping off a closed source small time paid app.

takoni

• View Profile
And Arcade

takoni

• View Profile
Good luck, i will wait for your works !!! any retropie Layout in great MGalaxy style based will be very very wellcome!!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:17:44 AM by takoni »

asahendrix

• View Profile
I guess I can see why they would want to email you. My thing is; if they're that worried/upset about it, why don't they offer it for the Pi?

Also, when you say without the backgrounds - do you mean the whole graphical full screen image of the TV with the clock and the posters in the background? And the whole arcade room?

Thanks again for all of the hard work!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I guess I can see why they would want to email you. My thing is; if they're that worried/upset about it, why don't they offer it for the Pi?

Also, when you say without the backgrounds - do you mean the whole graphical full screen image of the TV with the clock and the posters in the background? And the whole arcade room?

Thanks again for all of the hard work!

Windows and linux are two totally different things. Attractmode happens to work on both because its based on a multi platform framework. The author already stated he wpuld have to dp a complete rewrite of mgalaxy.

asahendrix

• View Profile
No I get that - my point was; why doesn’t mGalaxy just code it for AM? If takoni was able to write, what seams to be, about 90% of it for AM all by himself then surely a paid service can afford to port it for AM (and that’s not to minimize takoni’s great work.)

mGalaxy won’t answer anyone on their forums over the last 3 months, but they’ll go after a lone user for providing a service that they refuse to provide themselves.

Idk - just seems a little uncouth that’s all. I’m sure mGalaxy is legally within their rights - it’s just not a good look.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
nice to see how ya did the clock update in the theme....

3 or more years ago i put out a theme..   using their premium...  right here...no one said shit..

its back when they were even smaller...  i posted up on their fourm  ..on how to modify their themes
and they took it down....  and canceled me,   all i did was show others how to open their themes so you could dump all the grafix
witch at that time just taking the theme.what ever it was and renaming it to .RAR   ... they changed that soon after

i have a feeling this is going to surface....at some point,,,  any hoo good effort..

mater of ,, just found one of the pics from it   

i should re do it but better :o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:27:47 PM by jedione »
help a friend....

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No I get that - my point was; why doesn’t mGalaxy just code it for AM? If takoni was able to write, what seams to be, about 90% of it for AM all by himself then surely a paid service can afford to port it for AM (and that’s not to minimize takoni’s great work.)

mGalaxy won’t answer anyone on their forums over the last 3 months, but they’ll go after a lone user for providing a service that they refuse to provide themselves.

Idk - just seems a little uncouth that’s all. I’m sure mGalaxy is legally within their rights - it’s just not a good look.

Attractmode is open source. Why would some one undercut themselves?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
This is going to be awesome!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
@takoni
i think it is more funny to create one that will be just a copy of another person´s work.
"Funny" is not the right word. It looks more like "copyright infringement".
Especially if you are planning to copy a commercial product - it's far from "no harm done" use of some fan art, especially if the author allows it. There is no "personal use" that can justify this, as the original product "mGalaxy" is intended for personal use.
Looking for inspirations is one thing - but copying a commercial product is not a good approach.

Also, I'm sure you're underestimating both the importance of those backgrounds and the time/effort/talent that goes into creating it. If you strip the graphics from the theme like this - you'll end up only with wheel game list and a snap.