Author Topic: Systems logos font  (Read 2734 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Systems logos font
« on: October 23, 2019, 01:24:40 PM »
Attract Mode doesn't support SVG.. who cares, one can always build a gallery of monochrome svg system logos, and load them into a custom font, so each letter equals a system logo :D This is a preview and the first version of the font is attached :)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Systems logos font
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 01:44:48 PM »
sorry but what is this used for?

help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 01:55:14 PM »
sorry but what is this used for?

Good question :D I'm still thinking about it, the idea is that if you want to add system logos to your layout, instead of using PNGs you can use this font.
Advantages: takes up few space, has perfect transparency, is rendered as a font with proper anti-alias, looks good at any resolution
Disadvantages: you need to create some table or a proper function to link the System name (or the Display name or whatever) to the font letter.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:30 AM »
This is the font in my layout: the artwork of the SNES is from the menu-art folder, but the "Super Nintendo Entertainment Sustem" logo is taken from the font parsing the display name. This opens different scenarios:

1- Adding console and system images too, so that when you create a new Display you don't have to hunt for pictures and wheel artwork, Arcadeflow already has nice snapshots of the console and nice logos for the console name.

2- Create a new set of logo-font with "one line" logo renditions and substitute the default displays menu with one that shows the console logo instead of the display name.