Author Topic: Launchbox Assets  (Read 2965 times)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
Launchbox Assets
« on: August 19, 2020, 06:31:27 PM »
Any easy way to use Launchbox assets with attractmode rather than rescraping?

Ryan3

• View Profile
Re: Launchbox Assets
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 08:37:42 AM »
 really enjoy using Launchbox to organize and track my roms/emulators.  However, BigBox runs a bit slow on my laptop, so I've been playing around with AttractMode.  I hate re-configuring multiple front-ends, so I wrote a quick and dirty tool that exports roms and emulator configurations from LaunchBox into AttractMode.  It will also rename the first image in your LaunchBox images/video folders, and/or moves artwork from AttractMode, so that both LaunchBox and AttractMode can share the same artwork.  Now, anytime I add or remove something in LaunchBox, my AttractMode configuration can be updated in seconds.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »
Any easy way to use Launchbox assets with attractmode rather than rescraping?

I have downloaded a few "Launchbox asset packs" for my set up and they work perfectly.

I am not aware of the file structure of launchbox though. If I recall correctly though they are all in folders ..the folders are the game name...and the assests are named logo.png flyer.png box.png (something like that right?)

If i am close or if you would give me an example of the tree layout please.

all I did was make a script to rename them all and place them in the proper folders.

Short answer..yes items from launch =box can be used with attract mode. I have done it.
People want life easy..then complain about it

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 05:19:07 PM »
Here is the layout:

C:\launchbox\Images\Atari 2600\Box - Front\Maze Craze_ A Game of Cops _n Robbers-01.jpg

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 08:44:46 PM »
Here is the layout:

C:\launchbox\Images\Atari 2600\Box - Front\Maze Craze_ A Game of Cops _n Robbers-01.jpg

okay soooo..

take the 'Box - Front' folder (or copy the entire thing to a new location < best idea to make sure you have a back up) then make a batch file to rename all the jpg(s) the same name as your rom(s) then point AM to the new location. AM should pick them up and use them. This goes with any media you have (covers, box, vids, ect..)

You can try FuzzyRename but be warned it can maybe rename the same file for different. (That is it might rename the video NFL 95 to NFL 95 NFL 96 NFL 97 ect thus using the NFL 95 vid snap box for the game NFL 95 and NFL 96 and NFL 97 ect)

if you need to make a bat file PM me
People want life easy..then complain about it