Author Topic: Has anyone ever had this problem before  (Read 3314 times)

newbie83

• View Profile
Has anyone ever had this problem before
« on: September 10, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before. my wheel art and marquees randomly turn to a white box then ill scroll through the list of emulators and the white boxes will chnage to another emulator and it continually changes each time.

anyone know a fix to this?

thamnks

(sorry for pic size)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:11:19 PM by newbie83 »

mc2programmer

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever had this problem before
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:55:53 PM »
We are going to need a bit more info to help you get this working.... this looks like a retropie setup? if so someone else might be able to help you more than I can... first can you give us some systems specs Video Card would be useful if you have some graphical issues... also what Attract-Mode layout are you using... default one custom one.... (hard for me to tell by picture sorry) have you tried a different layout? if so do you get the same result... this should get me started with some possibilities, but like I said if this is retropie maybe one of the retropie guys could chime in :)

newbie83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 02:33:09 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have fixed this now by adjusting my memory split to 300 in raspi config. I'm no computer wiz and I don't know why but for whatever reason this fixed the issue.

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
I had a similar issue and the fix was to lower memory requirements too. I modded the theme to use less layers and surfaces though instead of adjusting the memory.