Author Topic: save game  (Read 4439 times)

KTURNER

• View Profile
save game
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »
I'm using windows 7. When I play a game like super Mario snes and beat the castle it will of course ask if I want to save. When I do and exit attract mode I loose my save. Is there a fix for this.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: save game
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:16:26 PM »
What emulator are you using? You should use the emulator's save state. This will always be available to load at a later time.

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:25:29 AM »
ZSNES. I could have sworn I have saved stuff before this same way. I was thinking any changes made while going through am would not save such as full screen and controller configs. Am I wrong on that?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »
You can save your game by pressing F2. You can load your saved game by pressing F4. You can change the save slot by pressing F3.

AM doesn't save anything having to do with any emulator. It only launches the emulators based on the settings in the emulator.cfg file. Any changes for an emulator must be changed in the emulator itself and not in AM.

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »
I know this is old thread and I'm kind of wearing the subject out but I never know when to start a new thread. I finally got a chance to play around with the in game saves. Outside of A/M, Dolphin, Project 64, and Zsnes9 all allow you to save game progress as if you were actually using the console. Now if I open a game through A/M, only Dolphin and Project 64 will save, Zsnes will not. I know on some emulators clicking "x" will not save any configurations and they require you to go to file and them exit in order for input configurations to save. How does A/M close an emulator? Can you change the way it closes?

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »
I have figured out my problem. When I use the "exit hotkey" option in a/m it will not save progress. I was using start + select to exit. I had to map a button on my controler as escape and now it saves.