Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero, 1, 2, 3 AttractMode + Retroarch images (based on buildroot)  (Read 75557 times)

ptiwee

• View Profile
There is probably a problem in the image that I uploaded, I cannot test right now but I'll try to upload a new image.

Manual do Fliperama

• View Profile
I adopted Attract Mode as a child. I use it in all my projects with great security. I'll be testing this image on my RPI3. I am already indicating to the members of the group Attract Mode Brasil, on Facebook. Thank you for your time and dedication.

Fets

• View Profile
When I try to start the latest image on the pi 3 I get this "Error, could not find default font" warning and it just loops.  How do I fix that?

HI,

+1 I have same problem

kruuth

• View Profile
Any news on the update?

ptiwee

• View Profile
Hello guys,

Sorry for the long time gone, holydays kept me away from my computer (and this is not a bad thing).
From what I've seen on my side, it seems that the default font not found error is due to the corruption of the USB device. If it happens, remove the attractmode folder from the USB drive and reboot your rapsberry. This will remove the configuration and build a new one (based on default configuration). I updated the two images, now the USB is mounted as "sync" which should reduce the risk of corruption.
The image is now aligned with new buildroot version (2016.11.1) and Glupen64 has been updated to the last git version, N64 emulation should be slightly better on RPI3 (thanks to loganmc10 awesome work).

Indeed, the image cannot work without USB device.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:47:24 AM by ptiwee »

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
would it be possible to add lr-mame2003?

Thanks!

Omamez

• View Profile
also if you can add sega 32x pls

Phoenix415

• View Profile
Signed up to forums just to thank you for your work.

I have a couple requests as well:
could we get turbografx16/pce emulation on the image
could we get mame4all-pi on the image too (pi zero)

questions:
is the pizero fba image using pifba?
ive tried to get to the command line to update and install my own packages but it boots right back to AM.  im sure theres a setting somewhere or a way to go into the terminal... how does one go about that?
is there a proper shutdown method from AM?

Thanks mate, keep up the good work!

ptiwee

• View Profile
questions:
is the pizero fba image using pifba?
No, it is using fba-libretro.
ive tried to get to the command line to update and install my own packages but it boots right back to AM.  im sure theres a setting somewhere or a way to go into the terminal... how does one go about that?
It is not possible, the image is built using buildroot, they are no package manager available. If you want to get your hand dirty you have to clone the git repository and rebuild the entire image. It is not very complicated, but it requires a bit more knowledges.
is there a proper shutdown method from AM?
No, this image is made initially for arcade machines that I shutdown by cutting the power off ... This is why the image is readonly and it should be safe to power it down this way.

Thanks for your support. I take the opportunity to give you some updates (and tell you a bit about my life). I'm trying to make a very tiny business building arcade machines, that's why I developed those images. But I also need hardware stuff so I'm not 100% on those.

Anyway a new version should come on next month, I kept all your emulator requests, I'll try to add them (there should be no issues). Currently I'm trying to focus on playable N64 emulation.

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
Thanks!

^F117^

• View Profile
Raspberry Pi 2/3 image doesn't work, error font loop.

urukai.one

• View Profile
@ptiwee So an awesome great job !!! Congrats !!!

Can I ask you about making a buildroot including attract mode inside please ?

Thanks again for the job !

ptiwee

• View Profile
Raspberry Pi 2/3 image doesn't work, error font loop.

Removing attractmode folder (reset attractmode configuration) from the USB drive should solve the issue.

Can I ask you about making a buildroot including attract mode inside please ?

Not sure what you're asking here, the sources are available on github with attractmode package.

Wazzu

• View Profile
So great for my Pi Zero! Thansk!
But all I get is this screen :-(
What am I missing?

ptiwee

• View Profile
So great for my Pi Zero! Thansk!
But all I get is this screen :-(
What am I missing?

Did you put your ROMS on the USB drive in the right folder ?