Author Topic: The Great Themes Collection v10.3.2 - Final Edition! (Updated 27 February 2021)  (Read 157181 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: The Great Themes Collection v5.2 [Final Release]
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2020, 06:39:45 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. Didn't know I was going on a vacation but it sounds cool  :D

A vacation from your job, that is, making Attract Mode layouts ;D we are all on the same ship, you know :D

Yaron2019

« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
A vacation from your job, that is, making Attract Mode layouts ;D we are all on the same ship, you know :D

Maybe  :)

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2020, 04:30:17 AM »
Hello Yaron ! Your work is awesome !!!

One little question: is possible to search for games by an on-screen Keyboard with your layouts ??

Thanks for the answer and have a nice holiday !! :D

Yaron2019

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2020, 06:17:33 AM »
Hi,
I did not incorporate a search function in my themes because there is a built-in search function in attract mode.
Launch attract mode, press TAB key, go to Plug-ins, go to KeyboardSearch and enable it, set a key in the Trigger field option.

This works globally and this is how I search for games on my setup.

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »
Hi Yaron and thank you for the answer !!

Yes, i know about the search option integrated in AM, but you need a Keyboard to use it ... it would be great if you will integrate this function in any future relase ! anyway , your pack is awesome at all ! good Work ! :D

have a nice holidays ! :D

chuckyd

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2020, 06:34:12 PM »
First - amazing theme!

Now on to business.. Running on a Pi4.  The At-The-Arcade theme lags for me like crazy.  I went into the settings and disabled some options and now everything is pretty smooth except for the animated background video.  The polygon video runs just fine so it's strange that the other one stutters.  Any ideas how to get that video to run better?

My other question is where is the config to change the background image if I decide to add my own to the At-The-Arcade theme?  I was going to play around with some similar static images or possibly some other videos to see if they work better.  I just can't find where the theme looks to "acknowledge" the existence of other images or videos to use.

Thanks for any help!

Yaron2019

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2020, 11:29:39 PM »
First - amazing theme!

Now on to business.. Running on a Pi4.  The At-The-Arcade theme lags for me like crazy.  I went into the settings and disabled some options and now everything is pretty smooth except for the animated background video.  The polygon video runs just fine so it's strange that the other one stutters.  Any ideas how to get that video to run better?

My other question is where is the config to change the background image if I decide to add my own to the At-The-Arcade theme?  I was going to play around with some similar static images or possibly some other videos to see if they work better.  I just can't find where the theme looks to "acknowledge" the existence of other images or videos to use.

Thanks for any help!

As to the videos - the differences I see using VLC is codecs: one is VP9 and one is VP8 and frame rates: one is 60fps and one 30. Try to encode the slow one in the same way the good one, it should solve it.

You can replace background videos and static art by placing files with the same names. For videos, you replace files in the attract/videos folder (bkg_anim and Polygon Trip).
For static art your replace files in the attract/layouts/At-The-Arcade folder (bkg.jpg and panscan.jpg)

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2020, 04:30:38 AM »
Hi Yaron ! !

I've changed one layout and inserted into the Keyboard-search module present on this post http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1946.0 and it Works !!

I've one problem, when i do a search , it gives me the results, but the cart art and the videosnap are wrong, also i can see the wheel logo of search results in semi-transparent but covered with anoteher result ...

Sorry for my english, anyway i've attached 2 screens to explain better which is the problem ...

thank you for your help !! :D

Yaron2019

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2020, 09:22:03 AM »
Hi Yaron ! !

I've changed one layout and inserted into the Keyboard-search module present on this post http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1946.0 and it Works !!

I've one problem, when i do a search , it gives me the results, but the cart art and the videosnap are wrong, also i can see the wheel logo of search results in semi-transparent but covered with anoteher result ...

Sorry for my english, anyway i've attached 2 screens to explain better which is the problem ...

thank you for your help !! :D

Please post the layout.nut file you edited

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2020, 02:05:30 AM »
thank you Yaron !!

Here is the layout.nut file :D

Yaron2019

« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2020, 04:14:55 AM »
Why did you post the Robospin layout?   :D
Post the one from my themes that you edited with the code for the search, the one you posted screenshots of above.

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2020, 04:39:46 AM »
Yaron , sorry My fault !!!!

here is the right one !! -_-

thank you again !!

Yaron2019

« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2020, 06:07:46 AM »
I'll do two sizes as seen in the screenshots. As for search method, "next_match" doesn't seem to do anything so I will include only "Show Results".
I want to work on it a little, make sure I add this properly to all the collection and then I will release it.

BTW - after looking at a lot of arcade cabs on youtube, most of them use wide screen displays which makes my collection very relevant!
You came with this request at a perfect timing...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:38:25 AM by Yaron2019 »

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2020, 07:03:03 AM »
Great News Yaron !! Thank you !!

the search module will be a power up for your collection !! 

Yaron2019

Re: The Great Themes Collection v5.3 [Released!]
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2020, 12:35:57 AM »
Well, I guess they don't say "Never Say Never" for nothing! The new "Final Release" of the great collection (bumped to v5.3) now includes:
- Search capability for systems without keyboards with two optional search box sizes, which makes the collection more compatible with wide screen arcade cabs for example (Thanks for markoattract!)
- Bloom and Lottes CRT shaders for the three 'Hyperspin Theme Mode' themes

Cheers,
Yaron

Download and demo video on original post page:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3289.msg23120#msg23120

Small

Large

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:08:21 AM by Yaron2019 »