Author Topic: Added overlay/bezels, but play area all the way to right side.  (Read 3216 times)

slowsl

• View Profile
Running on Raspberry pi 3, Floobs image with everything up to date.

Just need some quick help so I don't screw something major up.  I've added bezels to my mame collection, however, the playable area is the correct size, shader and curvature effect looks great, however it is pushed all the way to the right side of the screen.  This is on a 720p television, could that be the problem?  Which file should I edit to move the playable area to the center?
Thanks.

Patzfan

• View Profile
Re: Added overlay/bezels, but play area all the way to right side.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »
im using a 4:3 monitor, would love to know how to get this done

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:48:22 AM »
I have played with bezels but don't use them regularly. I think you need bezels that are made for your resolution. At the very least they would need to be for the correct aspect ratio.

@Patzfan - if you're using a 4:3 monitor why would you want bezels? That should be the native display for most retro gaming.

slowsl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:04:50 AM »
I have played with bezels but don't use them regularly. I think you need bezels that are made for your resolution. At the very least they would need to be for the correct aspect ratio.

Yeah, I believe they are made for 1080p.  The actual bezel artwork shows up correctly, but the playable area is pushed down and right, probably because it's configured for 1080p.  I know there is a way to edit the configuration to change the location & size of the playable area, but just not sure where, that's what I'm trying to figure out. 
Patzfan, you would probably have to edit each bezel artwork for your 4:3 monitor I would guess.

Patzfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »

@Patzfan - if you're using a 4:3 monitor why would you want bezels? That should be the native display for most retro gaming.

for maybe 20 games, 1942, pacman, donkeykong, tiger heli...etc