Author Topic: Beginner questions- Random music & Video clips  (Read 45437 times)

tollfreesuicide

• View Profile
Beginner questions- Random music & Video clips
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
Hello, I've been playing around with Attract Mode setting up my first arcade, and I really love the ease of use. However, there are 2 things I can't figure out:

1) Is there a way to have Attract play random songs in the background instead of one song over and over? Like every time it boots up, it picks a song at random from the audio folder?

2) I have .mp4 video clips of games, but I can't figure out how to get them to run in the screensaver mode. What folder do they need to be in? What settings do I need applied?

Thanks in advance!

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner questions- Random music & Video clips
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
Hello, I've been playing around with Attract Mode setting up my first arcade, and I really love the ease of use. However, there are 2 things I can't figure out:

1) Is there a way to have Attract play random songs in the background instead of one song over and over? Like every time it boots up, it picks a song at random from the audio folder?

2) I have .mp4 video clips of games, but I can't figure out how to get them to run in the screensaver mode. What folder do they need to be in? What settings do I need applied?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

1.  Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to have attract play random songs in the background right now.  You could write a plugin that selects a random file from a list and plays it at startup, but that might get kind of clunky.  I'll look into adding an easy way to have random songs played as the ambient music in the next version.

A bit of a quirk is that Attract-Mode will load and play music files if it encounters them when it is searching for artworks.  So you could put a music file in with your marquee, snap, (or as your own custom) artworks and Attract-Mode would play the music file thinking it is a video if it is the first match that is found... this might be useful depending on what you are trying to do.

2.  The screensaver looks in the "snap" artwork for the videos it wants to play.  So you should check under the emulator configuration to make sure that the path to your video clips is the first directory listed for the "snap" artwork.

Hope that helps.

tollfreesuicide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »
Thanks for your response and your awesome software!

harpiufof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:39:00 PM »

I'll look into adding an easy way to have random songs played as the ambient music in the next version.

Excuse me. Have you already been able to add this option?