Author Topic: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...  (Read 159789 times)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 07:12:57 AM »
[As you know the layout will scale up to 1080p in 4x3 aspect but pinch and skew would have issues scaling up. So, I've made a 1080p snap ajustment that will work with your resolution too.

The problem is that pinch and skew are SNAP resolution sensitive - and should be snap resolution independent. That's the nasty thing with this bug.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 07:23:26 AM »
I've attached my final version of updated robotron cab image.
Unfortunately you have to reposition your snaps, because robotron cab is slightly different than your current image.

There are 2 files in archive:

robo.png
 - for final layout

robo-snap-position.png
- with solid green rectangles indicating snap position. I find it easier to position snaps with this image UNDER snaps. You just have to align snaps position skew and pinch to match green fields, then you can remove it and use robo.png OVER the snaps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2015, 09:08:55 AM »
verion-

And, that's why I made an option to do a snap adjustment for 1080. I didn't test every resolution in 4x3 but the most popular should work by selecting one of two choices which are 1024 or 1080p. I could do more but that requires making more snap adjustments. This is just a temporary fix until raygun finds a solution. Btw, what resolution are you using?

Good work on the cab skin. I'll add it to the layout.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:40 PM »
I've attached my final version of updated robotron cab image.
Unfortunately you have to reposition your snaps, because robotron cab is slightly different than your current image.

There are 2 files in archive:

robo.png
 - for final layout

robo-snap-position.png
- with solid green rectangles indicating snap position. I find it easier to position snaps with this image UNDER snaps. You just have to align snaps position skew and pinch to match green fields, then you can remove it and use robo.png OVER the snaps.

Yeah, it's off quite a bit. And, I just got everything adjusted for the original cleaned up skin. LOL...   

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 06:00:05 PM »
Ok, here is the updated version of robospin with verion's latest robo skin for testing. There is a snap adjustment for higher resolutions. So, if the snap looks skewed try 1024 for lower resolutions and 1080p for higher ones. Some might not look perfect but should be tolerable until a permanent fix.  Be sure to check the layout options for turning on certain options like CRT effect. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:36:25 AM by omegaman »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 03:12:24 AM »
For me - there is no difference between switching 1024 vs 1080p mode in layout options.

As I've said - that bug is related to snap resolution, not screen resolution (but maybe that too).

In attachments:
snap-ok = with snap 640x480px
snap-not-ok = with snap 222x167px (scrapped automatically via AM)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 05:25:22 AM »
You are correct, all my snaps are 640x480 res. It is definitely related to resolution too, which is why I made a snap adjustment. The 2nd picture looks more like the rotation being affected. Could you verify that for me. Because I could probably fix that.     

I could hard code the snap resolution in the code but that is not going to work because you are scraping the artwork at different resolutions. That is probably why people use snaps sets at the same resolution. Artwork with different resolutions will never look great because the scaling is not uniformed.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2015, 05:32:59 AM »
I don't know if it is possible - but since snaps are scaling flawlessly in 2D (x/y without skew/pinch), can you "project" snap on a rectangular surface/object with scale-to-fit, and THEN skew, pinch, rotate that object that is always the same size?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
verion-

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed robospin right before Sourceforge crashed by using the FadeArt module with a surface for the snaps. Having a surface for the snaps is probably the better option when using pinch and skew, anyway. So, now all the videos that are scraped with be set to 640x480 or whatever you might prefer. There is still a tiny alignment issue when scaling all the way up 1080p but not noticeable like it was. And, I think raygun has a fix for that now. But, even without the fix this works pretty good.

Please give it a try, let me know what you think. 

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:12:05 AM by omegaman »

carlhungus74

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
Great theme... I'm new to AM, but the more I discover it, the more I like it ! And themes like this one make me forget about all others frontend...

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »
Hey guys, I think I have a fix for the skew/pinch issue you are running into with this layout.  I checked it in at github a few days back while the forum was down, so it should be in h0tw1r3's latest nightly builds if someone could be so kind to test it out??: http://build.zaplabs.com/bot/attractmode/

The layout will probably have to be adjusted since the stretch and skew values don't match what they used to be...

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 11:34:44 PM »
@raygun - this is great news

@omegaman - I've tested your newest layout - everything seems ok - all snaps looks the same, regardless of resolution, great job!

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2015, 05:37:08 AM »
Raygun-

Thanks, I'll check it out. Have you tried this new version of robospin yet? It scales beautifully, has several different backgrounds to choose from, two different shaders (CRT or Bloom), text that can be changed from title to year & manufacturer or off. Where am I going with this you ask? 

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 05:40:41 AM »
Thanks carlhungus and thank you verion for the help on the cabinet skin and feedback.

carlhungus74

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2015, 07:39:05 AM »
Hello,
I have installed the latest version of robospin.
I now have an issue with it. Everytime I quit AM after editing any settings, AM crash.
If I do not open the settings menu, AM quit normaly.

As long as I modify anything in settings, it crash at 100% when quitting.

I have test with attracman and there is no crash. So it seems to be related to robospin.

It is not blocking, but if anybody has an idea ? I am with windows 7x64. I have test AM32bits and AM64bits and the crash is the same.

Also, there is nothing in the debug screen during the crash.