Author Topic: Screensaver video snap quality on retropie zero  (Read 1572 times)

wet8092

• View Profile
Screensaver video snap quality on retropie zero
« on: January 19, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »
I'm using a retropie zero for a classic 8bit arcade machine.  I'm using nevato theme but the video is very choppy in the classic arcade menu but fine for other emulator menus (ie new, snes, etc).  I think it has to do with the tilt of the video in the arcade menu versus the standard "no tilt" display of the other menus, but not positive.  I reduced the video quality and it plays fine and looks good enough in the menu, but the screensaver video looks horrible full screen.

Is there any way to have the screensaver pull video snaps from a different snap folder versus the snaps used in the emulator menu?  Or, can a single video be selected and played such that I can just have 1 high quality video for the screensaver?

I've played around with screensaver.nut and can change index_offset to manipulate which video is played versus the current game, but I can't make it select just a single video or point to another snap folder.  Appreciate any help.