Author Topic: Attract Mode quit working?  (Read 2411 times)

chjones

• View Profile
Attract Mode quit working?
« on: November 04, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
I actually have two questions but I will start with the critical one.
I set up AM on a Win10-64 desktop to play with and test. Got it working ok.  I then set it up on a win10-64 arcade console by merely transferring all the files. No problem. Today, after having some issues with the console, I tried to run on the original machine which still has the files as before. Now, AM wont load MAMA or MAME wont load the roms. When a game is selected, there is a substantial delay and the screen goes black and displays "Initializing" but nothing ever happens. I do not think I changed anything but I could be senile and did. Since I last used it, Windows has done some substantial updates.

Issue 2: Actually my first issue. When I exit a MAMA game (esc) AM does not reactivate. I have to press alt+tab or such to get back to AM screen. I have found posts where people say that the MAME games dont close and AM runs multiple copies but with mine the game closes but AM does not reactivate. I have not been able to find this issue reported. 

any assistance is appreciated.
chj

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode quit working?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:49:42 AM »
I had a lot of the same issues so I switched to 32bit version attract mode on my 64bit machine and haven't had a problem since. But I also use win7. The problem may be win10 cuz all I see is people complaining about the recent updates causing all kinds of problems...

Sorry not a lot of help but it might fix it..

Hope it helps or at least points you in right direction.

we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

estefan3112

• View Profile
    • Retrogaming on my Mac
Re: Attract Mode quit working?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:53:12 PM »
Same problem here on AM for Mac: after exiting MAME, AM ends in a black screen.
Issue is open since quite some time and seems to become more critical now:
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/374
It seems to be a major problem now...