Author Topic: [download] NEVATO theme  (Read 287004 times)

Asterra

• View Profile
Re: [download] NEVATO theme
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2017, 12:06:12 AM »
Greetings.  This is the theme I've decided to stick with for MAME.  It's quite nicely done.

Now the usual post-preamble question.  Is it possible to (add an option to) cause the arcade screen to immediately display the screenshot (if found), and fade into the video once the screenshot has loaded?

The reason I ask: When cycling through the games one by one, looking for something random or interesting, the wheel logo is the only thing the eyes get to pick up on with any speed.  Assuming videos are present, well, all the videos commonly available unfortunately spend a solid second fading in from black, which means if you want to actually see what the game looks like, you have to wait basically a couple of seconds with every tick of the wheel.  It is slow going.

Obviously if the game screenshot can be made to pop up instantly, this problem goes away, and one can scroll through the well quite fast and still get a solid idea of what the game looks like.

spiwrx

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »
I love this theme but I am having a hard time with the cabinet not showing up. I have the wheel, the marquee, and the screenshots but they are just floating in space. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Just started on mine and having the same problem and happen to be on windows 10. Any suggestions? Again all (MAME) art is showing except the actual (static) Cabinet. Tried with different variables for 1P, 2P colors etc. but main cabinet never shows.

spiwrx

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:11 AM »
Sorry, I didn't notice this thread was 21 pages, I see this response in another post:
"... I had the 1024x1024 max error. The cabinet image in both the original and low res folders was set to 1080x1080. I lowered those to 1024x1024 and the theme is looking good."

I'll try this first...

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »
Is it possible to (add an option to) cause the arcade screen to immediately display the screenshot (if found), and fade into the video once the screenshot has loaded?

I have a good news and a bad news for you :D

the good: this is something that chrisvg came up with for FLAT BLUE theme (next revision) to speed up game scrolling on slow machines (RPi), so the code is already finished

the bad: I have to transplant it to NEVATO and I'm really swamped with work right now. But it's on my to-do list... and it looks cool. So... someday.

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
Assuming videos are present, well, all the videos commonly available unfortunately spend a solid second fading in from black, which means if you want to actually see what the game looks like, you have to wait basically a couple of seconds with every tick of the wheel.  It is slow going.

I am 99% sure the reason for that is the video itself and not the frontend or theme.  Are you using Emumovies snaps?  Because they are recorded with a fade in from black transition.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »
If it's RPi it's not the video or theme - it's the RPi limitation - to be specific how fast RPi can load and start playing video (hint: not very fast :D)
...at least it was the culprit with FLAT BLUE theme

MadMatty72

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2017, 09:21:47 PM »
Hello, Attract Mode newbie here.  After much fumbling about I managed to get a handle on AM menu options and finally got many Themes to display, BUT, not Nevato which only shows fullscreen background snap or video with the roms list as very large text centred to screen, no cabinate pic and no wheel/wheel art.  Please help, what is the problem with Nevato theme ? screen resolution possibly ? What do you suggest I try to get this theme working as intended ?

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #307 on: August 11, 2017, 02:02:03 AM »
Search this thread for setting a fixed resolution in layout.nut file - it should help

Shampi

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:54 AM »
Hi there
New Attract-Mode user! (Awesome program btw)
And new Nevato user (Awesome theme!)

But I've got a small problem.
As I'm setting up attract with nevato everything works fine.

The problem I'm having is with marquees.
They sometimes show and sometimes they don't (white space)
First I tought it was the image but the thing is if I scroll to next game and go back to the one that didn't show marquee, it suddenly shows the marquee.
But then another doesn't show. etc... (It seems to be random)

This is the second pc (NUC) I've configed with attract and nevato. The other one works fine.

The hardware is the same, but the only difference is the 100% working one is W10 and the current one is W7.

chad.burdette88

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 PM »
I love this theme for my Mame list. Has anyone coded the nut file to include a pointer for the wheel? It is the old thing that feels incomplete.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #310 on: August 30, 2017, 02:59:54 AM »
The wheel code is based on Robospin code - but I've deliberately removed the pointer, because... well... personally I don't like it :D

But you can download Robospin theme and copy-paste the code responsible for the pointer and it should work.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 09, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »
I love this layout.
I use it usually.
Thank you very much for your work.
The bad thing is that my old Samsung N120 does not work for its resolution of 1024x600.
Can I modify something so I can use it on that old computer?
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2017, 05:43:38 AM »
It doesn't work at all - or it's stretched?

You can manually set resolution just uncomment some lines in layout.nut (check this thread earlier if in doubt).
But set it as 1024x768 - it will scale to fit the screen - a little squashed, but it shouldn't be noticeable

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2017, 06:59:25 AM »
It doesn't work at all - or it's stretched?

You can manually set resolution just uncomment some lines in layout.nut (check this thread earlier if in doubt).
But set it as 1024x768 - it will scale to fit the screen - a little squashed, but it shouldn't be noticeable

It does not work. Black screen.
I will try changing things. Although I already did and I did not get anything positive.
Thank you  ;D
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
open up layout.nut file in text editor
Find commented lines similar to this:

fe.layout.width = 1024;
fe.layout.height = 768;

And change them to look like above code (remove the comment and change the resolution to 1024x768, not yours 1024x600).
It should work.