Author Topic: AM+Daphne: AM Keeps Focus in Fill Screen Mode  (Read 3382 times)

superdan

• View Profile
    • cdlab
AM+Daphne: AM Keeps Focus in Fill Screen Mode
« on: November 03, 2016, 12:37:42 PM »
Hi Guys im on Raspberry Pi 3 and Daphne, Attract mode keeps focus and daphe runs in background if video mode is fill screen ( but IF AND ONLY IF video mode is setted to Full screen it works ).
The problem is that i want to be able tu run it in Fill Screen and not in Full Screen. In emulationstation works with no problem.
As an alternative, is it possible to run only Daphne games in Full Screen mode?
Any help much appreciated!
If you want, contact me with the form @ cdlab

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AM+Daphne: AM Keeps Focus in Fill Screen Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 02:14:55 AM »
Attract-Mode can't be set to fill screen or full screen on a per system basis. It's all one way or the other. You might be able to modify the Daphne config files or your emulator.cfg command line to get Daphne to run while using the Attract-Mode fill screen. I believe this is an issue due to a linux bug when trying to switch between SDL2 and GL video drivers if both the frontend and emulator are using fill screen or full screen. You need to have one use full screen and one use fill screen.

I don't use Daphne but had this issue in Attract-Mode with AdvanceMAME. I've also had this issue using other frontends in linux. It's not unique to the Pi or Attract-Mode.

BTW - Why do you want to run Attract-Mode in fill screen vs full screen? What's the benefit?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:18:08 AM by progets »

superdan

• View Profile
    • cdlab
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 02:38:39 AM »
Hi progets thanks so much for your answer!

The problem is this:
If i run all games with FULL SCREEN options, before games start, i see the command line of linux waiting for a few seconds ( and i terribly hate that ).
So i have daphne games ok but all the others show the linux prompt few seconds before launch.

Otherwise, if i set FILL screen, i dont see at all the linux command line and games start immediatelly and  like a charm but unfortunatelly Daphne games do not work.

Ive triyed a lot of Daphne configs but all shows this problem.

So it would be beautifull to set ONLY Daphne games to run in FULL SCREEN and the others in FILL SCREEN.

Cant hack some linux files to do that?

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:44:11 AM by superdan »
If you want, contact me with the form @ cdlab

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »
On my build the text goes by in a fraction of a second. If you blink you'll miss it. It doesn't bother me and if it did I would just use Fill Screen and not run AdvanceMAME (which is the only emulator I use that needs Full Screen and I only use it for Golden Tee Games that don't work well on MAME2003 and MAME2010).

I'm sure that with enough fiddling with the Daphne settings and/or command line you can get it to work.