Author Topic: Making my own .ini. Possible?  (Read 3968 times)

swaggers

• View Profile
Making my own .ini. Possible?
« on: January 14, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »
I want to create my own .ini like Cavter.ini and use it to create separate rom filters. Is this possible? How do I get my headers to show up under filter?

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Making my own .ini. Possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »
Actually yes you can it's easy..it follows the format just like the MAME catver.ini

I have made one for pcengine/turbografx-16..works fine (and I think i have a half finished one for the nes/famicom).

I made a nplayers.ini for the pcengine but it doesn't want to work...at least in the old versions..

people may think I'm crazy..but the way I look at it is mame has romlister...works great...but there needs to be one for consoles..
scraping will gather a lot of that information for you..but it is nice to have them local..and a heck of a lot faster to import!
People want life easy..then complain about it

swaggers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 04:23:49 PM »
@akafox

I made one and in Additional Import Files I have:
/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame-libretro/cav/Catver.ini;/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame-libretro/cav/Swags.ini
Then I generate collection and the custom headings I've made don't show up in Filters to add.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »
Well if you just wanting to catver your mame roms you just need a catver.ini

understand you need the right catver for the right version...depends on the version of mame you are using. I would say it's because you are using a libretro core....but that doesn't seem right to me...

which core are you using specifically?  I'll see if I can help you better.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:27:27 PM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

swaggers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 12:13:49 PM »
I am using MAME2003. All the roms start ok and but I can't seem to get any catver.ini data to show up in the filter options.

swaggers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:20:45 AM »
So I've not been able to get my own .ini working or filters in general the way I want them to work so instead I made each section a separate emulator.

So Vertical Schmups, Beat em Ups, Classic, etc are all their own emulators, with their own rom folder, pulling art from a central area. It works out great.