Author Topic: "Traces" theme (1:1, 4:3, 16:9, and 16:9b variants!)  (Read 17764 times)

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
Re: "Traces" theme (1:1, 4:3, 16:9, and 16:9b variants!)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 09:23:46 PM »
Edit: Ignore my previous post: there's more tightly coupled dependency than there should be, but I've rewritten those dependencies to work properly. Someday, I should really abstract some of the logic more cleanly... Someday...  ;)

Okay, I added a couple of new options in the layout options section: you can now allow videos for the background, the carousel (conveyor), both, or neither:

I shouldn't have assumed that not everyone wouldn't want videos in the conveyor or background!  :-[

Also, I added a 16:10 aspect ratio, just because. Archive attached here, and I'll reattach to OP, too.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:31:44 PM by Bgoulette »

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »
Edit: Ignore my previous post: there's more tightly coupled dependency than there should be, but I've rewritten those dependencies to work properly. Someday, I should really abstract some of the logic more cleanly... Someday...  ;)

Okay, I added a couple of new options in the layout options section: you can now allow videos for the background, the carousel (conveyor), both, or neither:

I shouldn't have assumed that not everyone wouldn't want videos in the conveyor or background!  :-[

Also, I added a 16:10 aspect ratio, just because. Archive attached here, and I'll reattach to OP, too.

It work fines. Thanks. Some advise, could you add an option of selection videos or flyer for snap area on bottom.

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 09:21:52 AM »
It work fines. Thanks. Some advise, could you add an option of selection videos or flyer for snap area on bottom.

Glad that did the trick! Also, per your advice, I added the option(s) to use flyer art for the conveyor (carousel) thumbnails or background. I could potentially see using marquee art there, too, and maybe I'll toss that in as one of the choices, just in case, but until then, I'm updating the OP with the modified rar.

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
Actually, the performance of layout is very low, it is running not smoothly. I don't know the root cause. You may try to find out and fix it. Many Thanks.

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »
Actually, the performance of layout is very low, it is running not smoothly. I don't know the root cause. You may try to find out and fix it. Many Thanks.

Hmm, runs reasonably well on my machine, but I do notice it's slower than some other themes. I'll bet a big part of that is the rather large images I'm using and overlaying on top of everything else :( I have some ideas to minimize that impact, but it'll take some slicing and dicing and reworking some of the image positioning code. Not hard, just time consuming. Sounds worth giving it a shot though. I'll post once I've worked it out.

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »
Looks great, nice job!