Author Topic: Attractmode launches MAME, but not ROM. ROM then launches fine from MAME. Help?  (Read 2231 times)

erevans

• View Profile
Sorry if this is a simple problem.  I'm very busy with kids and work and have very limited time to devote to solving this if it can be solved by some resident knowledge.

Running Attractmode. When I choose a rom, MAME opens. I can then launch rom from MAME.  I want it to be as seamless as possible.  Any pointers?

If it matters, I'm running Linux.

Thank you in advance.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Make sure you have the rompath to your MAME games defined in your MAME emulator (not AttractMode) mame.ini file. Make sure you have the correct settings in your /attract/emulators/mame.cfg AttractMode emulator file. If you're uncertain of these files, post your files so we can take a look.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:50:15 PM by progets »

erevans

• View Profile
Thank you for your help.
I was at fault for breaking it.

I had deleted "[name]" from my command arguments for the emulator in an attempt to get a compiled 0.206 to save hiscores. 

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Any modern (last three years) version of MAME should have hiscores builtin. It's just an option that needs to be turned on these days.

erevans

• View Profile
For some reason, it didn't work on my compiled 0.206.
It was the first time I've ever compiled mame and things were just wonky.  .ini's wouldn't save, there was no uninstaller, etc.
The organic install of 0.214 fixed all my issues.

Thank you!