Author Topic: No sound from .mp4 files in Attract Mode  (Read 2155 times)

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
No sound from .mp4 files in Attract Mode
« on: October 03, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »
I have installed the Raspberry Pi4 version of Attract Mode. I recently updated the script. When I loaded Attract Mode from the prompt, the main menu appeared, but none of the wheels produced the sounds from their respective .mp4 files. I checked my error log and noticed that it produced the following line:

AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackAlsa_mixerProc: Wait timeout... buffer size too low?

Is there any method I should use to correct this issue? I'd like to get the audio back from these .mp4 files. They would also play a preview of some of the gameplay from each system (Main menu) or the iso/rom (system menu). At this point, no sound is produced when you highlight any of the wheels.

Thanks for your help.  :)

akafox

• View Profile
Re: No sound from .mp4 files in Attract Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »
How are you out putting the sound HDMI or 'headphones'

Does the sound work with every thing else? back ground sounds, game sounds work ect

The mp4 have sound and work correctly on other systems (other PCs)?

have you tried different themes and the sound doesn't work there as well?

Sound was working before but after the update it stopped? (I assume that but it is not clear exactly)

you updated the script..did you try you update attractmode as well? (I assume this is retropie you are talking about...)

(need info to help..)
People want life easy..then complain about it

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 07:52:09 PM »
Hello. I am outputting the sound (on the Retropie end) through HDMI. I even used a script to have music play in the background from my bgm folder. When you select each of the items, you hear a clicking noise. I have played each of these .mp4s on my PC and they work fine. I have switched to two other themes that I have available with the same result. This happened after I updated both the script and Attract-Mode (sorry if I didn't mention the latter earlier). Once I exited from AM, it produced the "AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackAlsa_mixerProc: Wait timeout... buffer size too low?" message several times on the command prompt. I think the script update made a switch to PulseAudio and botched things up for the AM frontend.

If anyone knows of a series of commands to fix this problem, please let me know. I would really like to avoid a reinstall of all my files, as I spent weeks putting all of it together.

Thank you for your input.

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:52:05 PM »
I actually found the solution here: github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/681

You can go to the last comment made by the user sergiohf (at the bottom of the page) to follow the steps that were suggested. That should restore the sounds of the preview clips on the main menu and for the wheels of each game on the console pages.