Author Topic: Catver, controlsm and nplayers -- what to do after setup  (Read 4987 times)

jrock2004

• View Profile
Catver, controlsm and nplayers -- what to do after setup
« on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:20 PM »
Ok, so I went and downloaded the three files and put it in my $HOME/mame/ directory. I went into Attract Mode and under additional imports I added these files. So now what? Where can I see the list of categories? Where can I see the player controls? I have rebuilt the list in AM. Thanks for any help

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Catver, controlsm and nplayers -- what to do after setup
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:27:00 AM »
I am guessing you are a mac? not that it will matter at this point...

So you put the files in the config like so:

Code: [Select]
$HOME/mame/nplayers.ini[b];[/b]$HOME/mame/controls.ini[b];[/b]$HOME/mame/catver.ini
notice the simi-colons there

and then rebuilt your list..ok done deal..if you want to make sure it worked open your list in a text editor $HOME/attract/romlists...you should see the info  in there. The info will not show in attract mode unless you have a layout that shows that information. You can now however filter by category

People want life easy..then complain about it

jrock2004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »
I am running Ubuntu 15.10. When you say edit the config, do you mean in Attract mode interface or are you saying going to the command line and edit it manually? If so that is fine.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 08:20:42 PM »
You can enter the lines either way..through AM might be easier. but you should not have to edit anything if you entered the path already (you  said you had).

I am saying that you can look at the romlist to see if the info was added..if you want to...you don't have too.

use a layout that supports (shows the info) reflect by cools will do so (off the top of my head) just load it let it sit on a game...a "bar" will drop down showing you the extra information

rsn8887

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »
I am intrigued, where can I find this "controls.ini" and what does it do?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 06:52:22 PM »
controls.ini will let you filter by control type....joystick, spinner, trackball, ect....

http://www.emucr.com/2010/11/controlsdat-v01401.html  the only place i could find it...