Author Topic: Raspberry pi attractmode/mame  (Read 3329 times)

clockman

• View Profile
Raspberry pi attractmode/mame
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
So i have a bartop arcade running retropie/attractmode with a raspberry pi 3. I am only running arcade games via mame for that nostalgia feel from when i was a little boy. So here is my problem, i have mame up and running and my bartop boots right to mame. But i also remember playing Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 and Space Ace. I have heard that there is a way but how can i make Daphne games show up in the mame games list and launch when i choose the games? I have seen it with done with windows, but how do i do it with retropie?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raspberry pi attractmode/mame
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:03:04 AM »
You will need two separate emulators setup in Attract-Mode, one for MAME and one for Daphne. Once these both work you can combine their romlists.

You can create a combined list like this.
Configure-->Emulators-->Generate Collection/Rom List-->Set MAME and Daphne to “Yes” and then click “Generate Collection/Rom List” and enter the name “MAME Plus”

Then you can hide your Daphne emulator like this.
Configure-->Displays-->Daphne-->Show in Cycle = No
Configure-->Displays-->Daphne-->Show in Menu = No

And then set MAME to use the new combined list.
Configure--> Displays-->MAME-->Collection/Rom List = MAME Plus

clockman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:41:33 AM »
So my wife had surgery and I just got around to trying this and it works great. Thanks, but a few problems I need help with is that the wheels for Daphne aren't showing up or the snaps either, but Daphne is launching from mame wheel. How can I get snaps and wheels to show?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
So my wife had surgery and I just got around to trying this and it works great. Thanks, but a few problems I need help with is that the wheels for Daphne aren't showing up or the snaps either, but Daphne is launching from mame wheel. How can I get snaps and wheels to show?

Did the wheel and snaps work in your "Daphne" Display before you combined the lists? Are you wheel and snaps images named the same as your roms (or rom scrips if that's what you're using)?

If neither of these help then post a section of your "MAME Plus.txt" romlist that contains both MAME games and Daphne games.