Author Topic: How to launch two or more programs when game is selected  (Read 2613 times)

yullaw

• View Profile
How to launch two or more programs when game is selected
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:35:06 AM »
Hi all,

I would need to ask you how to run two or more programs when I choose some game/rom.

AttractMode (v2.2.1) runs on linux system and I have Vice emulator configured successfully. I want to launch AntiMicro - https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro before 'x64' will run.

I have tried this procedure:
- modified emulator:
Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.1
#
executable           $HOME/.attract/script/vice.sh
args                 "[romfilename]"
rompath              /run/media/yullaw/Samsung/_yullaw_/Stary_PC/Hry/Commodore_64/
romext               .zip;.d64
system               Commodore 64
info_source          listsoftware
import_extras        /home/yullaw/.attract/romlists/vice.xml
exit_hotkey          Escape
artwork    flyer           /run/media/yullaw/Samsung/_yullaw_/Stary_PC/Hry/Commodore_64/flyer/
artwork    marquee         /run/media/yullaw/Samsung/_yullaw_/Stary_PC/Hry/Commodore_64/marquees/
artwork    snap            /run/media/yullaw/Samsung/_yullaw_/Stary_PC/Hry/Commodore_64/videosnaps/;/run/media/yullaw/Samsung/_yullaw_/Stary_PC/Hry/Commodore_64/snaps/
artwork    wheel           /run/media/yullaw/Samsung/_yullaw_/Stary_PC/Hry/Commodore_64/wheels/

- created script:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
antimicro &
x64 &

It does not work with x64 /path/to/rom/folder/"[romfilename]" & as well, but works with x64 /path/to/rom/folder/Batty.zip &. But then the game Batty is launched always.

Does anybody have an idea how to? Thanks!

EDIT: typo fixed
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:48:34 AM by yullaw »

prefor

• View Profile
Re: How to launch two or more programs when game is selected
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 03:31:53 PM »
I know this is an old thread and OP won't answer, but I'm at the same situation, but I'm using ePSXe instead... Can someone help?

As OP wrote, "/path/to/rom/folder/"[romfilename]" doesn't work unless we remove the "[ROM filename]" and specify it with a game. But if I do that, all the game that I choose will play that specific game... Any workaround this please?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to launch two or more programs when game is selected
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 06:06:37 PM »
"[romfilename]" = full path to rom and romname

[name] = romname without path to rom