Author Topic: [download] NEVATO theme  (Read 287527 times)

dfuse

• View Profile
Re: [download] NEVATO theme
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2016, 06:52:51 AM »
Something to do with my 21:9 resolution perhaps? I'm testing my setup on my ultrawide monitor, 16:9 monitor is still on the way. Attract Mode is running windowed though.

dfuse

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »
Apparently it is, unfortunately windows doesn't let me keep my 'unoptimal' resolution changes for more then a few seconds.

dfuse

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »
In attachement the adjusted layout.nut file for 21x9 support. I don't have monitors with the other aspect ratios so I couldn't regression test, however I'm pretty certain my changes didn't impact the code for the other ratios.

2 other questions I have:
  • When no wheel art is found a generic image is shown, a cabinet in my case. It's not possible to render the game's name in the lcd font instead?
  • Is it not possible to provide fallback paths for the art, just like in AM itself? For example when I have no flyer for the background I prefer a snap being shown.

Edit: I have read the answer to question 1 somewhere on the previous pages. I will have to men up :) Need to start the daunting task of filtering through all my roms for the games I want to keep.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:59:27 AM by dfuse »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
@1

Nevato is using Omegaman's code for wheel - and it's not possible to show text for missing art without rewriting the code - and no-one is willing to make this I'm afraid.
But ArcadeBliss is working on alternate code and when (if) it will be finished it will allow to do that - and I'll replace the wheel code with the new one.

@2

It's possible - just add your snaps path to your your flyer path definition
CONFIG > EMULATOR > MAME (or other) > FLYER > [edit path, add another path - there can be multiple paths]

if NEVATO (or any theme) can't find artwork in first path, it searches second one, and then the third one, etc...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:15:37 PM by verion »

dfuse

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply! Didn't think of configuring it in MAME itself..
Also, thanks a lot for the wonderful theme.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:39 AM »
thanks!

wreckshop79

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2017, 05:29:29 PM »
I recently installed AM to my retropie and I'm also getting the same issue as mentioned in reply #140 on page 10. How exactly do I edit the layout.nut for the following below? Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see any how-to steps to make the edit.

fe.layout.width = 1366;
fe.layout.height = 768;

Thanks!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2017, 02:46:26 AM »
I'm going to address that in next release.

For now (instead of making how-to) I've made separate layout.nut files with FIXED ASPECT.
Just replace your layout.nut with the one provided (more info in readme file included in zip).

swaggers

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »
Great layout but for the life of me I can't figure out where to put video to get the background to work.

I have it set to video and I made a video directory in the roms specific folder and added the path to video in emulator config but it simply is mirroring the image I am using in the cab.

Where am I supposed to put video?

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2017, 02:05:11 AM »
put your video in SNAP folder

johnprobe

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2017, 03:02:21 AM »
I've setup my Displays Menu as per the Unified Themes instructions and everything is fine except no art appears in the displays menu. I've only using FBA and MAME (mame4all).  There's text to indicate those two emulators but no art. Can you advise ?.....
Finally worked this out. Nothing to do with anything other that the folder permissions were stopping reading the files
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 02:30:29 PM by johnprobe »

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2017, 04:56:57 AM »
In the menu-art folder, name a file the name of the display in a path called wheel and see if that shows up.

johnprobe

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:05 AM »
Thanks for the reply :D. I renamed a file to 'unified-displaymenu' and it's in  home/pi/.attract/menu-art/wheel folder  . No joy however.

Also when I'm in  'Displays Menu' Options\Layout Options   I only see   'name'   and  'back' as my options

swaggers

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2017, 09:52:58 AM »
put your video in SNAP folder

Thanks.

One more issue. I am trying to get a generic emulator logo as the marquee so the system name shows up somewhere on the page.

I've tried my-own which just put arcade on all of them. And also emulator name which did nothing.

What is the setting I am looking for in Nevato and where do I place the files if I want to make my own system specific marquees?

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »
@johnprobe

I can't help you - I'm not using Display Menu at all, because I'm using only MAME.