Author Topic: Acquiring arcade ROMs ?  (Read 3046 times)

Circket628

• View Profile
Acquiring arcade ROMs ?
« on: April 11, 2019, 08:53:54 AM »
I have searching for the classic 80s arcade Rom's with little success.Does anyone know the best place to acquire them?   
thank you

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Acquiring arcade ROMs ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:10:48 PM »
Not sure if we can talk publicly about where to get them. If you obtain a full romset, check out the nofiller tag list i made and add a 80’s filter.

pecosdave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 08:50:26 AM »
There's a handful of free, legal ROMs right here. (I've done this, but most of them suck - Super Tank is cool)
If you buy an X-Arcade joystick it usually comes with a CD or DVD that has a few licensed ROMs. (I've done this)
If you like NeoGeo you can buy the ROMs with an emulator wrapped around them already right here - (I bought it when it was a bundle)
If you want some Sega classics, Sega is pretty good about making their ROMs available - the ROMs are placed in a very well labeled folder as of recent updates specifically for this purpose if you get the Classics Collections - it's so well done you can just point Attract Mode at that folder if you like.

I've got some PS2 and XBOX (classic) disks with arcade originals on there, apparently there's ways to get them off I've yet to try.

If you do enough digging there's plenty out there while staying on the right side of the law, they're just not all conveniently in one place.

Tapper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 01:52:47 PM »
I have searching for the classic 80s arcade Rom's with little success.Does anyone know the best place to acquire them?   
thank you
No offense, but I'm questioning how hard you looked. I literally just typed the title of a classic game and the acronym for read-only-memory into a search engine and... >_>
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:58:04 PM by Tapper »