Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548312 times)

Deflektor

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.3 [Release]
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »
I'm seeing the same problem on my Pi3 also. Lots of white boxes everywhere, no art displayed, everything super laggy. Even text just appears as white blocks. I think that happens when a layout is too intensive for the Pi (maybe out of video memory?). I didn't generate any blurred images. Even when the menu only has ~12 things to display, it does this.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 03:05:11 AM »
I'm seeing the same problem on my Pi3 also. Lots of white boxes everywhere, no art displayed, everything super laggy. Even text just appears as white blocks. I think that happens when a layout is too intensive for the Pi (maybe out of video memory?). I didn't generate any blurred images. Even when the menu only has ~12 things to display, it does this.

It looks like my theme is not suitable for Pi3 then, that's not good but sadly I have no way to check it since I don't have a Raspberry Pi to play with. If someone can check the theme on a PC or Mac that would clarify if it's a general issue or a Pi related issue. I tried to keep the theme not so heavy but being a two rows grid requires loading and caching of more artwork.

As a side note, does the "Silky" theme work on your setup?

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 08:45:57 AM »
The missing artwork may indicate an issue with the naming of files...  the names have to be identical ("File" does not equal "file" or "FILE" ... they are all different names in the eyes of linux).

Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

Deflektor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »
As a side note, does the "Silky" theme work on your setup?

Yes, Silky works for me on the Pi. I just tested Arcadeflow on my PC and it works fine there (with the roms/art folders copied from my Pi).

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »
Yes, Silky works for me on the Pi. I just tested Arcadeflow on my PC and it works fine there (with the roms/art folders copied from my Pi).

It's a relief to see that AF works on your PC, it's a quite complex theme and although I tried to debug it I might have missed something (I'm not a programmer after all :D) ... I asked about Silky because both themes are based on the same carrier, but AF has a heavy layered surface structure and a wide grid (for two rows scrolling) that might be unfit for the Pi.

I'll check if naming and caps are ok, but developing on a Mac it should be quite like Linux... If I'll get my hands on a Pi (and I'll have some spare time) I'll try it there and see if something can be done.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.4 [Release] Updated 22 Apr 2018
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Updated Arcadeflow to version 1.4, see the first post for what's new!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 02:46:23 AM »
Is there an option for original layout - the one with square snaps and smaller wheel logo?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2018, 06:29:51 AM »
Is there an option for original layout - the one with square snaps and smaller wheel logo?

Not right now... Maybe I'll have it in the future, I know some like it that way. It shouldn't be much difficult on paper, but it will require a lot of code tweaking because the theme is now built around the idea of horizontal and vertical thumbs.

I'll see what can be done :)

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2018, 10:55:14 PM »
Any updates on raspberry pi3 support? This looks really cool!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 01:23:36 AM »
Any updates on raspberry pi3 support? This looks really cool!

Since I don't own a pi3 it's quite difficult to code for it :/ I'm thinking of producing a version that doesn't use surfaces, provided that my guess that surfaces are messing with the pi3 is a good guess :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 11:54:51 PM »
I'm uploading here a stripped down version of AF theme that I hope someone can test with a Raspberry Pi and report if it works or not... In this version I stripped most bells and whistles to reduce the number of textures in memory...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:55:31 AM by zpaolo11x »

millercentral

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
While it took me a minute to understand I needed to resize my snaps (thanks for the scripts!) - I now have this theme working great on my cab, including the very nice Pop background. I really love how fast it is and how easy it is to navigate through large lists. Thank you for all the work on this!

I do have an "advanced usage" question, that may or may not be supported:  I have 3-sided cocktail style cabinet, and I would like to be able to rotate the theme between Horizontal and Vertical orientations on demand.  Attract Mode supports this (both with "toggle_rotate_right" button assignment, and with the "RotationControl" plugin which rotates the theme based on the orientation of the last run game). However, when I rotate ArcadeFlow, it squeezes the Horizontal layout into the vertical dimensions, rather than reloading with the vertical-optimized layout.

Is there anyway to trigger ArcadeFlow to recognize the orientation change and reload for the current AttractMode orientation when Toggle_Rotate_Right (for example) is pressed?

Thank you again for this great theme, and for the helper scripts to make setup great.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 12:39:08 PM »
Thank you for the comments, I tried to reply to your messages but it seems that you have a full inbox. I'm glad you solved the issue of the white borders. I'd really like to make it work without having to resize the snaps but it got quite messy when I tried, that's why I put the scripts in the archive :D

Regarding rotation, I'll check what can be done. I am working on rev.15 right now I'll see if I can implement what you need. Right now AF gets its "rotation" from the screen resolution.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »
I do have an "advanced usage" question, that may or may not be supported:

Investigated a bit and this is how things work right now: at the start of the layout I check the screen resolution and decide whether to implement the "vertical" or "horizontal" layout. The difference is in the way objects (tiles) are set up and updated. The way I thought to implement what you need was to add a key routine where it would first apply the screen rotation, then "reload" the layout so everything would be set up "vertically". Sadly though it seems it's not possible to "reload" a layout :(

I made it! It works on my test system. I'll upload the new revision ASAP, stay tuned :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:16:52 PM by zpaolo11x »

Giacomo1982

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.5 [Release] Updated 28 May 2018
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
This is awesome!

Adesso posso parlare italiano, complimenti per il tema è molto bello e pieno di funzioni interessanti.
Se puo esserti d'aiuto a me non visualizza correttamente il bordo bianco introrno alle snapshot, funziona solo per 4:3? Io ho provato su 16:9.

Richiesta senza impegno
Vorrei tanto inserire nel mio layout un carrier con i titoli che funziona bene come il tuo, ho provato a cambiare la variabile "rows" in 1 ma non riesco ad abbassare l'altezza

neanche cambiando la riga 143 in:
local carrier_h = 2*height+(2)*padding+padding*margin_scaler

mi daresti una mano?

grazie Paolo!!!