Author Topic: X-arcade Attractmode issue  (Read 4551 times)

zelkian

• View Profile
X-arcade Attractmode issue
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:44:32 PM »
First time Attractmode user here and I got everything setup with MAME perfectly except I have this weird issue with my X-arcade 2-play stick and Attractmode.

If I launch MAME through Attractmode, the buttons for the players (but not the joystick or start/coin buttons) are all wrong and some do nothing. If I launch MAME on its own then all my controls are as they should be and work fine. I configured MAME through the INI to use the xarcade cfg for the controller, which as I said works perfectly fine with MAME on its own.

I tried changing a few settings dealing with the controls in MAME, but I can't figure out why this is happening. So I thought I'd ask the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem or perhaps knows how to fix it.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: X-arcade Attractmode issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:53:24 PM »
Try parameter:
-readconfig
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

zelkian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:54:26 AM »
Try parameter:
-readconfig

I know in my mame.ini I have readconfig set to 1 if that's what you mean. Are you referring to that or perhaps a setting in Attractmode?

zelkian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 06:19:56 AM »
Alright, I figured out what's going on and it's silly.

I've used my Xarcade stick before but I didn't load the xarcade cfg like I have now. Initially, It worked perfectly fine in a few games I tested and then I tried a Metal Slug game. That's when the controls changed and I would only test any changes with Metal Slug thinking it should control for the same game when testing.

Well, after looking in the xarcade.cfg I see it changes the controls for Neogeo games. So that's it, nothing is actually wrong its just that I didn't know it changed the default layout for Neogeo games.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 07:41:12 PM »
Gotta love that mame controller file I can set up five games and have an entire set working just like i need it too! :)

..But I have to admit it took me some time to understand how it worked!
People want life easy..then complain about it