Author Topic: new BlendMode...  (Read 11380 times)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
new BlendMode...
« on: July 20, 2018, 05:28:12 PM »
does any one know how to implement the new Blend Modes....

this is what i tryed.....   but dont do anything

Code: [Select]
local bg = fe.add_artwork( "snap", flx*0.200, 200, flw*0.500, flh*0.500 );
bg.BlendMode.Screen;

info from latouts.txt.

* `blend_mode` - Get/set the blend mode for this image.  Can have one of the
     following values:
      - `BlendMode.Alpha`
      - `BlendMode.Add`
      - `BlendMode.Screen`
      - `BlendMode.Multiply`
      - `BlendMode.Overlay`
      - `BlendMode.Premultiplied`
      - `BlendMode.None`

thats all the give us...no example?       Thanks.. :)

help a friend....

iOtero

• View Profile
Re: new BlendMode...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 01:40:45 AM »
Yes, it would not be bad to have an example that shows the new options.  :-[
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »
It’s the same as in Photoshop.
Add an image1 as a background then another smaller image2 on top and set the image2.blend_mode = BlendMode.Add for example. You won’t see any effect change if there is only black background underneath the image you are applying a blend mode to.

I can post some example code next week if it’s still not clear enough.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:58:43 PM by Oomek »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 07:06:55 PM »
ok i think i found out why im looking for...it's the blur that u have in your un released theem...
it is a shader not blend...
but with some tweeking.... and a opacity overlay its looking the wat i need
thanks for your help .. im glag your so active

not the best...looking forward to your release to see your code..

help a friend....

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
I didn't know you could do this!  What a game changer!  More info on the blur shader and where it's located please!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »
I'd really like some hints on how to use the blur shader too, this would fit my Arcadeflow theme without having to generate blurred thumbnails in a separate art category :)

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 02:36:46 AM »
Remind me please when and where did I post the blur shader? It’s still unfinished and requires some tweaking.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 02:47:32 AM »
Remind me please when and where did I post the blur shader? It’s still unfinished and requires some tweaking.

:O I inferred from that screenshot that the blur shader was already available :D

I found a nice trick though, if you place a large image (say 640x480) on a small surface (say 160x120), and then resize the surface using set_pos to enlarge it, with mipmap enabled you get a pretty nice "blur" effect. Sadly for my intent this is not smooth enough :/

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 03:42:51 AM »
You have to wait until I finish moving to a new house, then I'll wrap it into some neat module so it's easy to use, because now it's entangled with the rest of the files.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 06:11:55 AM »
One blend mode example, Oomek, please...
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
ok here is a blur layout for everyone to play with.

the layout, is set up so in layout options you can choose fanart, snap, or videos.enjoy

and last.  a thanks to arcadebliss..for this code that has been siting right under are noses, since late 2015
hellow.

blur-layout download =
https://mir.cr/5BZ8NEIJ
help a friend....

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »
of corse it will be better when Oomek, makes a setup for us all to use
module ,or plugin?
cant wait..
help a friend....

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
I'd really like some hints on how to use the blur shader too, this would fit my Arcadeflow theme without having to generate blurred thumbnails in a separate art category :)

I was thinking the same thing when I originally saw this thread.  I thought of your theme and Oomek's current WIP.  Btw.  I really think your theme is amazing and I would like to use it but that separate blur thumbnails part is what kills it for me (not to mention the requirement of thumbnails on top of videosnaps).  Basically/i.e. steep requirements.  If you can implement a blur shader, perhaps the one Oomek is working on, then I think more and more people will be able to use your theme.  It's really a shame though, because I think (purely my speculation) a lot of people are daunted in using your theme when it's actually an amazing coded work of art.

ok here is a blur layout for everyone to play with.

Cool.  Just checked it out.  I think the blur needs to be waaaay more aggressive though to achieve the effect we are looking for.  I think we all better wait for Oomek's future shader.

You have to wait until I finish moving to a new house, then I'll wrap it into some neat module so it's easy to use, because now it's entangled with the rest of the files.

Can't freaking wait for Ambience!  Thanks for all your hard work my friend!  And congrats on the new house!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:17:48 PM by dukpoki »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 10:13:37 PM »
I was thinking the same thing when I originally saw this thread.  I thought of your theme and Oomek's current WIP.  Btw.  I really think your theme is amazing and I would like to use it but that separate blur thumbnails part is what kills it for me (not to mention the requirement of thumbnails on top of videosnaps). 

What do you mean with video snaps? It should work ok if you have your thumbs and videos in the same folder... anyway I think you are right and to be honest yesterday I managed to add blurred backgrounds with a trick using three nested scaled surfaces. It will be implemented in 2.0 but not until the end of August because I’m going on vacation :D

Oh and thank you for the comments! I think with a proper blur shader (or my trick) and blend modes I could also get rid of blurred title shadows artwork!

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »
What do you mean with video snaps? It should work ok if you have your thumbs and videos in the same folder...

I mean you need jpg/png screenshots of the videosnap along with the video file itself.  At least i think that's how it works?  So in essence, you would need for all your roms.. 1) a full set of "video" snaps 2) a full set of screenshotted "picture" snaps and 3) a full set of "blurred picture" snaps of the screenshot.