Author Topic: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...  (Read 158726 times)

kent79

• View Profile
Re: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2015, 01:52:59 AM »
Gryzor-

Yeah, I changed things up from what I had originally planned. I need to update the script for the second cab skin verion is woking on, so I'll add that option in. I was originally going to make it where if you turned off the marquee the logo would be displayed instead. But, that isn't very practical if the user wants to have both enabled. I just forgot to add the marquee option back in.

Love it and I have some advise. Could you create one of cabinet with vertical screen?   It will be better for display STG games. Thanks.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »
The robospin script has been updated. I made a few more tweaks and added the code so you can choose between robo or moon skin. Just waiting on the moon skin to be completed.

Added an option to turn off the marquee. But, I need to add a generic image to hide the bg when marquee is turned off. This would allow users to customize their cab with a custom image like "Joe's arcade" or whatever.   

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2015, 10:14:39 AM »
Perfect timing. I'm finishing moon cab in this very moment. It will be ready within 1 hour.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:24 PM »
Gryzor-

Yeah, I changed things up from what I had originally planned. I need to update the script for the second cab skin verion is woking on, so I'll add that option in. I was originally going to make it where if you turned off the marquee the logo would be displayed instead. But, that isn't very practical if the user wants to have both enabled. I just forgot to add the marquee option back in.

Love it and I have some advise. Could you create one of cabinet with vertical screen?   It will be better for display STG games. Thanks.

In the layout.nut under the video section you can change (snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = false;) to true. This will display the games in their native aspect like vertical. The only problem is the backgrounds other than "none" will be seen around the snap. So, setting the BG to none is what you want if you don't want to see anything besides the snap. The other option is to load an image before the snap gets loaded to mask the backgrounds in the tube area.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »
Finished MOON PATROL cab in attachments.

[attachment deleted by admin]

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2015, 02:35:50 PM »
Great! Thanks for the new moon skin Verion. 

Ok, here is the latest robospin layout. If you want to use Verion's new moon cab skin then download it from here and place it into the robospin folder. It made the file too big to post, so you'll just have to down load it separately. Anyway, you can now choose the robo or moon skin via the layout options.

The moon skin is a little off the mark compared to robo, so I had to make an adjustment for it in the code - moved up slightly. So, there is a little gap at the bottom but the art is OK.

You can now turn off the marquee to load a custom user marquee. Just drop your custom marquee into the layout folder and name it "user.png". As a convenience, I've added a user.png with flynn's arcade on it. 

Let me know if everything works as it should. Thanks...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:21:58 PM by omegaman »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2015, 02:47:36 PM »
Strange. It should be a perfect match. I've just copied over screen and marquee cutouts from robo.
Maybe I should export a new robo too - maybe I accidentally moved both of them?

As for the file size - uploaded cab image is in huge resolution - over 2000 px in height. Like for retina display
I can downsize it to fit - let's say - 1080p. It will be 2x smaller. Just for the convenience of uploading it in 1 zip file.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »
verion-

Both images were set to fill the display but for whatever reason the moon skin was slightly off. Yeah, I don't think the average arcade enthusiast would need retina display quality. I think 1080 is more than adequate. Great job on the moon skin, though.  It looks really good. I don't think people realize how much effort goes into making an image look that clean.   

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2015, 04:07:33 PM »
Moon and robo cab images in attachment. Downscaled to 1080p - both files are about 0,5MB instead of 2MB.
Please replace both - I've checked that the cutout for marquee and screen are 100% aligned.

---

Have you finished tinkering with the layout? I'm asking because I have widescreen monitor (16:10) and I want to fork your layout for widescreen - but I'll patiently wait until you'll reach at least "semi-final" version :)

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »
Thanks all. Great job.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »
Thanks for the updated skins. They were identical this time, I still needed to tweak the marquee and snap a little bit but the important thing is they match now. And, with the image resize everything is in one zip now.

I also added an image of static behind the snaps. So, now you will see static when transitioning from selections. This has the added benefit of blocking the BG in the CRT area when the selection is empty. I meant to implement this before but it just slipped through the cracks.

This should be close to finalization since everything with the exception of a flying saucer has been added.     
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:14:05 AM by omegaman »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »
Does anyone want some animated effects added to this theme. I was thinking about adding scrolling text at the bottom.

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
Does anyone want some animated effects added to this theme. I was thinking about adding scrolling text at the bottom.

I think you should update your latest theme of screen shot on post #1  first.  :)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2015, 05:04:44 AM »
Yeah, that's probably a good idea since this thread has gotten long in the tooth. So, as of today the updated robospin is posted at the beginning of the topic thread.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:15:22 AM by omegaman »

DudeRegular

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
omegaman, you  are doing some great things with the themes you are putting out. Unfortunately I can't use the latest stuff until the flv snap video bug gets fixed since all my vids are flv. My cab is still running AM 1.4 and most all of the newer themes out there don't want to run on that version. But I am downloading all the stuff you put out in preparation. Keep them coming!