Author Topic: Menu videos restart after 8-9 seconds  (Read 2371 times)

PixelFreak

• View Profile
Menu videos restart after 8-9 seconds
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »
Pi B+, most recent updates all applied.  Using HyperPie v2 (hyperpie 2 official pi 3 and-3b plus 2.5.1).

When in Attract Mode, the videos for each display (all of them) will play with audio just fine for the first 8-9 seconds (it cuts off at same point on ALL videos), but then just restart after a brief "pause."

For the life of me, I can not figure out what is going on, or how to troubleshoot this problem since there are no "errors" being thrown or listed on the command line when I exit (regarding this issue, anyway).

Any ideas on where I could start troubleshooting why these videos restart after 8-9 seconds?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:05:37 PM by PixelFreak »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Menu videos restart after 8-9 seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 11:12:44 PM »
If you really mean Pi B+ (not Pi 3  B+) that's a pretty old and slow unit.

Things to try or check:
- Try lower resolution videos
- OS Memory Split for Video in config.txt file
- AttractMode software vs hardware decoding
- Try a different AttractMode layout
- Overclock everything on your Pi (use a good power supply)

PixelFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »
My bad - sorry for the bad info.

Yes, you are correct, Pi 3 B+.

• I don't have the videos separately - they were part of the image listed at link above.  Also, when I first installed the image, the videos ran to completion without errors or stuttering.  The stuttering only started happening after running the script to update Raspbian and then Attractmode.
  • Have video split set at 128MB, seems to be the happy spot where I don't get the gl errors and videos otherwise run smoothly.
  • Hardware decoding is enabled, as far as I can tell.  How do I confirm this setting? - I know in Emulationstation OMX is enabled...
  • I am unsure how to change the "layout" - sorry for the newbness...
  • Pi is overclocked to 1000Mhz in config file.  I have a small powered fan built into the case - what's a fairly stable overclock for this model (thought 1Ghz was pushing it)?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:07:12 PM by PixelFreak »

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:57:24 PM »
Hi, it's related to the hyperpie 2 theme. At some point changes were made to AM that introduced this issue. It does not happen with the stock attract-man theme for instance. I will try and see if I can get Oomek to take a look. It only seem to affect RPi.