Author Topic: Need Help Understanding Filters and CATVER.INI in list Mame Generation  (Read 3644 times)

tekn0

• View Profile
I am having trouble understanding what is supposed to happen utilizing additional files like CATVER.INI when generating a mame rom list using attract mode.

I was under the impression filters or categories would be "auto-generated" somehow in the filters list, but am I wrong in this assumption? Can I use the additional ini files to automatically generate these filter options inside of attract mode? Or do I need to add the filters manually?

Also, I keep reading to add the "full path" to the file in the emulator config. Does that mean the actual file itself? Or just the path the file is in.
Example 1: import_extras        /home/pi/.attract/mame-config
Example 2: import_extras        /home/pi/.attract/mame-config/catver.ini

Thanks for any help in advance!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:42:40 AM by tekn0 »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Understanding Filters and CATVER.INI in list Mame Generation
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »
Catver.ini is needed create the game genre catagories (in the romlist) that can be used to filter MAME games. It will not create the actual filters, those need to be done manually.

You don't need a full path to the file names. You can use relative paths but you must always specify the file name, not just the folder.

Example 1
Code: [Select]
import_extras        /home/pi/.attract/mame-config/catver.ini

Example 2
Code: [Select]
import_extras        ./mame-config/catver.ini