Author Topic: ioarcade. Theme designed for the emulation of arcade machines (wip)  (Read 3431 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
ioarcade. Theme designed for the emulation of arcade machines.

I'm still working on it, so for now I'll just upload a video.
When finished, if i see that people are interested and i read objective opinions, i'll upload it to mega.

I designed it to emulate basically arcade machines (MAME, FBA, Zinc, derivatives and similar).

It is inspired on the theme "OlRoom" by Spinelli and Ptiwee, which in turn were based on "My Vintage Room", a theme of the mGalaxy frontend.
But if you compare those issues with this one, you will see that there is only the initial idea of ​​simulating a vintage room.
With the same idea i have almost completed five other themes, specific for consoles, portable consoles, computers, games windows and pinballs, which together with those that i have already uploaded from the system menus (http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2370.0) and the jukebox (http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2378.0), will form a unified environment.

In the theme options menu, we can choose:

• The color of the arcade machine between 8 colors, or choose it at random.
  • The color of the background wall between 10 colors, or choose it at random.
  • The type of game selector: Carrier, List, Arc Wheel or Vertical Wheel.
  • The type of information of the games on the screen: Complete, Basic or None.
  • The color of the information text between 10 colors, or choose it at random.
  • The color of the border of the information text between 10 colors, or choose it at random.
  • The color of the text of the List among 5 colors, or choose it at random.
  • The poster on the left among 32 different movie posters, choose it randomly or do not put posters.
  • The poster on the right between 32 different game posters, choose it randomly or do not put posters.
  • The window that will appear to the right of the screen between 6 options, choose it at random, or not put any.
  • Use scanlines on the screen of the arcade machine, or not.
  • The art type of Wheels, between marquee or wheel.
  • The number of Carrier slots.
  • The number of Arc Wheel slots.
  • The number of slots on the Vertical Wheel.
  • The speed of the wheels.
  • The time they will wait to start hiding the selectors of the games and information, or leave them fixed.
  • The time it will take to hide the selectors of the games and information.
  • If we use the Flags of the languages ​​(using the Magic Token [Control]), or not.
  • Use the blind behind the carrier, or not.
  • If we will put a clock on the screen with the local time, or not.
  • If we will put a plant on the screen over the window, or not.
  • If we will put a dark frame after the informative text, or not.
  • The key to start the games search/filtering system (keyboard-search from liquid8d. Thanks, liquid8d).
  • The way to show the search performed, filtering the games, or indicating only the first match.

The films on the posters are:

Aliens, Blade Runner, Carrie, Clockwork Orange, Die Hard, Electric Dreams, First Blood, Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Jaws, Johhny Got His Gun, Jurassic Park, Labyrinth, Logan's Run, Mad Max, Mannequin, Matrix, Patriot Games, Predator, Pulp Fiction, Robocop, Rollerball, Saturday Night Fever, Star Wars, Terminator, The Dark Crystal, The Godfather, The Karate Kid, The Last Starfighter, The Neverending Story, The Princess Bride, The Thing, Unforgiven

The games of the posters are:

1943, Asteroids, Bubble Bobble, Cadillacs And Dinosaurs, Crystal Castles, Donkey Kong, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Epic, Galaga 88, Mega Man, Metal Gear, Metal Slug 2, Monkey Island 2, Mortal Kombat II , Out Run, Pacmania, R-Type, Raiden, Rampage, Samurai Shodown, Sonic The Hedgehog, Space Invaders, Strider, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid, Tempest, Tetris, The Dig, The King Of Fighters 94, The Legend Of Zelda and The Need For Speed.

It is very simple to add more, or change the posters, and in the theme i include a template for it. Also, if it gives you out there and you send me some poster, with a minimum size of 1000 pixels wide, of a movie or a game suitable for the time, i can add it to the Theme.

And the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZFELj5JqV4

Last function added: Use the blind behind the carrier, or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mifb12X2-qo

A full screen looks better. :P

Example of using the icons with the flags of the countries of the games (or languages). To do this you just have to use the field or Magic Token [Control]

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9n6UcD7e8

Romlist:

Code: [Select]
bang;Bang!;gaelco;;1998;Gaelco;Shooter;;;USA;;;;;;;
bigkarnk;Big Karnak;gaelco;;1991;Gaelco;Platform;;;English;;;;;;;
biomtoy;Biomechanical Toy ;gaelco;;1995;Gaelco;Platform;;;Portugal;;;;;;;
maniacsq;Maniac Square ;gaelco;;1996;Gaelco;Tetris;;;Korea;;;;;;;
radikalb;Radikal Bikers ;gaelco;;1998;Gaelco;Drive;;;Dutch;;;;;;;
snowboar;Snow Board Championship ;gaelco;;1996;Gaelco;Sports;;;German;;;;;;;
speedup;Speed Up ;gaelco;;1996;Gaelco;Drive;;;French;;;;;;;
splash;Splash! ;gaelco;;1992;Gaelco;Adultos;;;Italy;;;;;;;
squash;Squash;gaelco;;1992;Gaelco;Sports;;;Spanish;;;;;;;
surfplnt;Surf Planet ;gaelco;;1997;Gaelco;Sports;;;Japan;;;;;;;
targeth;Target Hits ;gaelco;;1994;Gaelco;Shooter;;;Brazil;;;;;;;
thoop;Thunder Hoop ;gaelco;;1992;Gaelco;Platform;;;Canada;;;;;;;
wrally;World Rally ;gaelco;;1993;Gaelco;Drive;;;Spanish (Texts);;;;;;;
xorworld;Xor World ;gaelco;;1990;Gaelco;Puzzles;;;Australian;;;;;;;

Note to Oomek:
Thanks for your carrier module, but i have not been able to use it as you programmed it. He did not let me make animations with him, so i had to modify it and include it in my layout to animate it. I hope it does not bother you.

Screenshot preliminar version:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:16:38 PM by iOtero »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

iOtero

• View Profile
Re: ioarcade. Theme designed for the emulation of arcade machines (wip)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »
It's already finished, only i have not uploaded it yet because i'm preparing other complementary themes to create a complete system. That will include consoles, handhelds, computers and a special one for windows games, indie games, etc.

In one or two days i will have finished it and i will put it at your disposal.

From the theme for windows and the theme for handhelds, i leave you a preliminary screenshot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:13:11 PM by iOtero »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero