Author Topic: Each & every "PC Games.cfg" immediately freezes AM while creating romlist 0% ...  (Read 2312 times)

rloxley

• View Profile
Hi :-)

I literally tried every PC Games.cfg (with my system paths) i could find around attractmode.org & google, but each and every one freezes AM immediately at "creating romlist 0%"

If you ask me to post my config, i can post every single config i found, They're all ending up in the same result...

So i would bet this isn't a config issue at all, it's a windows 10 "rights management" or "file owner" problem or something like this sh.. (sorry)
I'm quiet shure i already did it right several times, but something else in the background is blocking it anyway...

My structure is as following:

Windows Game Installation goes to: H:\PC Games
Attract Mode path: H:\Vintage Collection\Attract\attract.exe
Game Roms (*.lnk & *.bat) for AM path: H:\Vintage Collection\Games\PC Games\roms

There's no 3rd party antivirus or firewall installed yet, that may could block something, just Windows Defender.

Any guess?

[UPDATE]
Tried AGAIN the other day, worked fine immediately without any problems at all... :o
Really don't have a clue what went wrong before AND don't want to think about it again ever!  8) :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:43:25 AM by rloxley »

myriadgamers

• View Profile
So I dont know if this will help, but recently I converted all my PC games to run on AHK scripts and when I go to generate a rom list it appears to be frozen at 0%. When I go back to the desk top I can see that AHK has thrown an error and as soon as I hit OK to confirm the error and it closes the screen my list finishes its generate process.

You might have to close out of the program of what you are trying to generate from. I often have to close out bizhawk when I am generating a list cause attract mode will open it during the initial part of the generation with out proceeding till I close bizhawk.
Arcade Machine 1:
AMD 8350 black 4ghz 8 Cores
20 gigs of DDR 3 Ram
500 gb SSD
4 tb Storage drive

iOtero

• View Profile
This should work for you:

Code: [Select]
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              H:\Vintage Collection\Games\PC Games\roms