Author Topic: Help on unicode (Windows 7)  (Read 2036 times)

Canuma

• View Profile
Help on unicode (Windows 7)
« on: April 18, 2016, 03:30:01 AM »
Hi there,
I just started to use Attract-Mode and it is amazing. Still in a Phase to figure out how everything works (modded layouts, hacked kodis steam launcher to start attract-mode and so on) and having a lots of questions, but so fareverything goes well.
Except one thing which seems to be a showstopper, however not sure if its a bug, so I ask here:

I modded the Theme Arcadebliss to have game descriptions as informations. Works fine, except when it comes to special chars, like German Umlauts (ä,ö,ü...), it will just show weird characters. So with notepad++ i converted the codepage from ANSI to UTF-8. Now everything looked fine except when i started to add games which had Umlauts in its filename (System windows_games, but i guess it makes no difference with other systems). Eveything will look fine on screen, However those games won't start because now the string is UTF-8, but the cmd seems to read it as (i guess) CP1252 or similar.

A workarround might be ( have not tested that yet) to rename those shortcut files to something without Umlauts, and keep converting the romlists to UTF-8, which is however very unconvinient.

Any hints what i might do to fix that? ( I am on attract-mode 2 RC3 btw)