Author Topic: Multiple systems setup  (Read 7922 times)

Roverius

• View Profile
Multiple systems setup
« on: May 07, 2016, 02:18:35 AM »
Hello,

I have tried to figure out how to run multiple systems on attract mode.
Like, for example, having the option to choose from like Mame, NES, SNES, .... within a theme like robospin.
It should look like Hyperspin, where you choose from System, then game.

I use the FLOOB-build V0.2
In the main menu (scripts) i only see:

On the left side:
!! Press TAB to configure AM !!
Launch EmulationStation to Config
Launch Kodi
Reboot
Shutdown
V0.2 build 16-04-2016

On the right side:
Attract-Mode with a empty box under this.

In general, i would like when i run attact-mode, i want to see more than 1 system emulator.

Regards,
Roverius

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple systems setup
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 09:41:57 PM »
In Attract-Mode press the "Tab" key to bring up the "Configure" menu. Next select "Emulators" and then select the system you want to add and then click on "Generate Collection/Rom List". Once this list is built you should see the system in Attract-Mode. No systems will be shown until you create the Rom List in Attract-Mode.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 01:36:16 AM »
progets is correct.

However you may need to change your key settings..that is Press TAB then go to controls and under previous/next display assign keys to them. (Not sure if they are default or not.) Then you can use the key/pad/stick to cycle through them.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Roverius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 04:26:15 AM »
I made multiple systems, but, my question is, can you make system choise in some kind of wheel (like robospin) to choose from?

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 08:02:47 AM »
I made multiple systems, but, my question is, can you make system choise in some kind of wheel (like robospin) to choose from?

So what your looking for is one dispaly to combine all your romlists. I asked this awhie back, was directed to the wiki.
Look at the bottom header ROMLISTS, I have not had time to figure it out so that's as much help as I can be.
Woukd be great if someone could post a quick how to with a few command lines to give a example or a short vid, but I have not found either.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/master/Readme.md

shatshoes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 08:05:02 AM »
I'm guessing you mean like the attached screen. This is my setup on RetroFE..

I've just discovered Attract Mode, and it does everything i could possibly need from a front end, except as far as i can tell set up a system select menu, if i can setup like the screen i have, select a system then go to a game select menu, i'm all in

mak

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »
That is a very nice "system select" theme you're using with retrofe  :D It might just be me, but the "system select" screen (or lack of) is a deal-breaker and the one thing that attractmode definitely needs. Even if it was as simple as the one used in emulationstation or a somewhat cpu-intensive hyperspin style, either would be fine by me. This is the only serious turn-off for me when it comes to attractmode, although everything else it offers is certainly quite nice  ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:14:10 AM by bundangdon »

shatshoes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
100% agree, i think a consistent menu system is important and the way you select your system is just as important as selecting your game, plus my kids use the machine more than me, so the easier it is for them the less headache for me...

mak

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
I see your point. The other front end that did that was Maximus Arcade. Advance Menu I didn't use because it did not have a "system select" type set up. However I do not understand how pressing left or right on the stick/pad/keyboard is that hard to do. No not starting a fight...guess it comes down to preference.

That being said Attract mode is very customizable (more so than mamewah and mamewah was VERY customizable) so you some one that makes themes like to tackle this or can a script/nut/plugin be made do to just that?
People want life easy..then complain about it

shatshoes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 10:03:53 AM »
I agree with you akafox, attract mode is clearly very powerful, with all the scripting/nut/plugin setup, just seems a shame to me that (from what i can tell) you are limited as to how much control you have over nested menus, you are right though, personal preference

mak

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 05:20:34 PM »
that is a nice clean system select I like allot

Roverius

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 11:36:32 AM »
I'm guessing you mean like the attached screen. This is my setup on RetroFE..

I've just discovered Attract Mode, and it does everything i could possibly need from a front end, except as far as i can tell set up a system select menu, if i can setup like the screen i have, select a system then go to a game select menu, i'm all in

mak

Well, yes, this is how i would like to see it setup.
A systemselector but with robospin.

That one you posted a picture of, is also nice.
I just like to know, how to set this up :)

I would really apriciate this.
Thx,
Roverius