Author Topic: Could this be part of the issue?  (Read 766 times)

HaroldWade

• View Profile
Could this be part of the issue?
« on: July 18, 2023, 03:52:13 AM »
I am currently using Windows 10 on my PC to run AM, with MAME and Daphne as my emulators. I have watched videos on how to create customized displays, such as organizing fighting games or vertical scrollers. It seems that you should be able to do the same to create a display list for games that rely on dials/spinners or games that utilize a trackball in addition to buttons. However, despite trying various options, none of them seem to be working for me. Am I overlooking something obvious? Just to clarify, I do have the controls.ini file saved in my MAME directory, so theoretically, AM should be able to access that information. Could this be part of the issue?

dmmarti

• View Profile
Re: Could this be part of the issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 06:56:42 AM »
Post a few lines from your AM romlist file.  The AM filters are based upon the fields within the romlist file itself.  While you may have the controls.ini file, unless your romlist file contains that information, AM filters won't work.

poping112a

• View Profile
Re: Could this be part of the issue?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 01:38:42 AM »
none of them seem to be working for me. Am I overlooking something obvious? Just to clarify, I do have the controls.ini file saved in my MAME directory, so theoretically, AM should be able to access that information. Could this be part of the issue?
www.routerlogin.net
pikashow apk
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:24:56 AM by poping112a »