Author Topic: Cockpit theme  (Read 10887 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cockpit theme
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:50:52 AM »
Here it is, the cockpit theme that I've been promising. Mostly everything is working but there are some elements that I plan on updating in the near future.  The star and asteroid animation needs some improvement and I hope to improve on that soon. Anyway, any user feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm curious to see how this runs on low end machines as well, so any feedback on that would be appreciated too. Most of the animated stuff can be turned off under layout options if performance is affected - except for the animated hand and cockpit lights.   

- animated pilot hand
- animated stars or asteroids
- flyer and marquee opacity
- Animated cockpit lights
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:28:38 PM by omegaman »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cockpit theme
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:28:04 AM »
Can someone let me know how this is working on your system. Thanks guys...

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 06:28:57 AM »
Everything is working on OS X 16:10 aspect

minor quirks:

under the screen you are showing a display name, my display name was pretty long and didn't fit into display
-maybe option to disable this or display something else?

marquee window is to narrow and the marquee is squashed - maybe you could leave the outer frame, and make smaller (in height) inner frame with marquee aspect?

those animated bars are little to distracting (but maybe it just me) so option to disable it would be nice
but one thing could be corrected - individual bars should be always in the same place, like led diods that are on or off - currently they are slightly moving left/right on image change (maybe that's why it is disturbing for me :) )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:31:07 AM by verion »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
Thanks verion.

Yeah, I meant to fix the long title. Slipped my mind, that's an easy fix. I could also have an option for short name as well, maybe I should go ahead and do that.

Honestly, I didn't put much thought into the marquee -as you can tell. :-[  It was more like, oh hell, where do I put the marquee now if someone wants it.  :) But, for Nintendo art it's great because you can put the box art in top right corner and cart art in the bottom left. I'll look at your suggestion though.

I'll add the option to disable the led light effects as you suggested. Only takes about a minute or so to do.

So, my secret plan to totally annoy you with my hypnotizing lights worked, eh? Muhaha...   

Do you remember kitt from Knight Rider?  :)  I do concede the lights might be somewhat distracting for some folk. Hmm, I could code the script to add a static light bar if the animated lights are disabled. Maybe, I'll do that.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
> So, my secret plan to totally annoy you with my hypnotizing lights worked, eh?

totally worked :)

---

It's all really small details... it's a great theme as it is right now.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 01:30:36 PM »
Thanks man... I really do appreciate your feedback.