Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548389 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 3.9 [Release] Updated 7 March 2019
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
A+ your turning out features quickly!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.0 [Release] Updated 1 April 2019
« Reply #226 on: April 01, 2019, 01:44:48 AM »
Updated to 4.0, new transitions and some bug fixes!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.1 [Release] Updated 11 April 2019
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2019, 02:11:12 AM »
Updated to 4.1, biggest addition is a low resolution mode for very low resolution screens. See the attached screenshot for a (simulated) 320 x 240 resolution. The font is larger and the layout is cleaner. Of course if you like it you can enable it also in higher res screens :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:44:00 AM by zpaolo11x »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »
also.... a big thanks your way ...good work
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2019, 06:33:35 AM »
Inspired by the thread regarding progress bars... sneak preview of something that might go in next release. Curious to have feedback about that
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:44:29 AM by zpaolo11x »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2019, 06:45:41 AM »
 i like it,
the way its set up reminds me of a history timeline

the more and different bars the better, ;D

my personal prefrence would be just a clean #-z line

is their a way to do that with your existing code?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:48:29 AM by jedione »
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2019, 06:59:33 AM »
the way its set up reminds me of a history timeline

That was the idea :D Also since I already have the proportional scrollbar it's a simple addition to the look of the theme.

my personal prefrence would be just a clean #-z line

is their a way to do that with your existing code?

Sure there is, actually that's how it started in the beginning because it's much simpler, but I found it a bit clashing with the horizontal scrollbar (that I wanted to retain). Of course I can be crazy enough to put all this variants as options in the theme LOL

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2019, 07:53:43 AM »
well then ill just wait till you release it , or post the code, so i can play...thanks and good work
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2019, 09:10:19 AM »
well then ill just wait till you release it , or post the code, so i can play...thanks and good work

The code is a slight variation from the one posted here:

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2864.msg19796#msg19796

The plus of this code is you don't need to pre-create the labels table, but every time you change the table you have to hide the old one, which might be a performance hit in the long run if you keep changing filters (maybe :D)

vicsidious

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
It's really sad that this theme won't work for raspberry pi 3! I would have used it for all my machines :(
Any way of making a lighter version, that the pi could run? All of us running Attract Mode on a Pi would be eternally greatful! :)

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »
I know this theme is essentially mame-exclusive with regards to how it displays and handles data, but I was wondering if there was any way to force the aspect ratio of the game snaps to be horizontal. I'm trying to display snes games, but the boxart (which is all horizontal) is being squished into a vertical frames because there is no data telling the layout the orientation of the game. Any suggestions?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2019, 10:24:25 PM »
I know this theme is essentially mame-exclusive with regards to how it displays and handles data, but I was wondering if there was any way to force the aspect ratio of the game snaps to be horizontal.

You are right, Arcadeflow is heavily tied to using Mame or arcades, and especially to use screenshots as artwork. The idea behind this theme was exactly to build some nice graphics for machine that don't have proper "box art" (flyers are nice but sometimes a bit messy and difficult to find).

Building an entirely new "Consoleflow" theme would be interesting: consoles have some advantages like proper box art (should just tweak the drop shadows to be dynamically generated and not "faked" like they are now :D ), screens are always horizontal, probably no need to use "logo" artwork in the grid layout etc. I'll think of it but I'm not so much into console emulation :D

To answer your question more directly, I can fix something on the fly to force Arcadeflow to always display horizontal aspect ratio tiles in the grid, but the theme will force the artwork to fit in an horizontal 4:3 box, so some stretching of box art might occur. What is the aspect of SNES boxes?

[EDIT] Have you tried previous versions of Arcadeflow? Up to 3.7 (I think) it used actual snap resolution to detect horizontal or vertical games and should work with box art too...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2019, 10:30:19 PM »
It's really sad that this theme won't work for raspberry pi 3! I would have used it for all my machines :(
Any way of making a lighter version, that the pi could run? All of us running Attract Mode on a Pi would be eternally greatful! :)

I know, this is something I'd really like to do but there are some hurdles: first and foremost I don't own a Pi myself, I know the Pi is cheap and easy to get, but then the second point steps in: spare time :D I mostly code on my Mac at home or on my PC at coffee breaks at work, and in both cases it would be an issue to have to interact with the TV to check the Pi. If only there was a proper Pi "emulator" for testing code.
Also, on a technical standpoint, Arcadeflow relies heavily on GLSL shaders, and I'm still trying to find what can and what can't be done on the Pi. I don't want to return to using "pre-rendered" graphics for blurred backgrounds etc.

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2019, 05:12:11 PM »
I know this theme is essentially mame-exclusive with regards to how it displays and handles data, but I was wondering if there was any way to force the aspect ratio of the game snaps to be horizontal.

You are right, Arcadeflow is heavily tied to using Mame or arcades, and especially to use screenshots as artwork. The idea behind this theme was exactly to build some nice graphics for machine that don't have proper "box art" (flyers are nice but sometimes a bit messy and difficult to find).

Building an entirely new "Consoleflow" theme would be interesting: consoles have some advantages like proper box art (should just tweak the drop shadows to be dynamically generated and not "faked" like they are now :D ), screens are always horizontal, probably no need to use "logo" artwork in the grid layout etc. I'll think of it but I'm not so much into console emulation :D

To answer your question more directly, I can fix something on the fly to force Arcadeflow to always display horizontal aspect ratio tiles in the grid, but the theme will force the artwork to fit in an horizontal 4:3 box, so some stretching of box art might occur. What is the aspect of SNES boxes?

[EDIT] Have you tried previous versions of Arcadeflow? Up to 3.7 (I think) it used actual snap resolution to detect horizontal or vertical games and should work with box art too...

Thanks for the response! The aspect ratio is just about 4:3, but I'll give an earlier version a try just to see what it does. You might not even need a consoleflow, because nes boxart looks pretty awesome as is  ;) https://imgur.com/a/P06i1sw

[EDIT] I tried and earlier version (3.7) and it's closer displaying fully, but the vertical gray box still remains https://imgur.com/a/Y3xOEcu

[EDIT 2] After trying some tweaking to the layout.nut, I realized the easy solution was right in front of me. Changing the actual game info is what fixed it. All SNES (and I assume other consoles as well) default to not having a rotation set, but setting the rotation to 0 made them look just like they should!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:08:48 AM by Dallinj »