Author Topic: Attract Mode 2.6.0 has been released  (Read 25816 times)

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Attract Mode 2.6.0 has been released
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:14 PM »
I see yes that is the consequence of the fix that was applied here, but we should have a way to get both the pixel dimensions and the intended display dimensions.  I think leaving the texture_width and texture_height dimensions in pixels (as it is with 2.6.0) but also adding new functions to get the actual pixel size should fix this?? that would provide a way to figure out the intended display dimensions and would be easy enough to add I think.

I really appreciate that now texture wiidth and height are the actual resolution, that's such a great plus that I already fixed the consequent issues. But it would be great to be able to read the intended display resolution, no idea how it is stored in the media, maybe as pixel aspect ratio? Or as display aspect ratio? Any way will be good an helpful

Ok, I’ve made a change to expose a video’s ‘sample_aspect_ratio’ in squirrel.  You can use it to get the pixel aspect ratio as reported by ffmpeg.  more details on link:

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/1490703b2d4a29ef4c104d6807c8acf0904a2245

connconn1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »
Hey I'm glad to see the emulator get updated, but there's still a huge (at least making the program unusable for me) bug.

Someone opened this issue almost 3 years ago, and it seems like a simple enough bug fix: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/294

Basically, when using a controller (at least tested with wireless xbox 360 andd wireless xbox one), the "exit emulator hotkey" doesn't work. For example I can map the hotkey to activate when I press the start and select button at the same time, but it simply has no effect. Using a key on the keyboard works, but since I want to use attract mode from the couch, the program isn't usable. But with a controller, it doesn't matter if I map it as a button combination or single button, exit hotkeys won't function

I'm sure you're busy but if you could implement this fix, I would really enjoy using this program for my living room system. I already love attract mode on my MAME cabinet! If you need any more details then let me know, I'll be happy to provide them

Yeah I don't have time to get to everything!  I suspect this issue is because SFML can't access joystick state when it isn't the foreground process, but I'm guessing.  The issue you linked is pretty light, could you at least tell me what operating system you are on? thanks

Sorry for the late response, but thanks for the reply! I am on windows 10 (1903 I believe, whatever the current version is as I just reinstalled windows a few days ago)

The way I have gotten around this issue for now is by using a program that someone else linked in another thread called guide call. It's not like joy2key where everything is remapped and you lose some xinput compatibility, it just remaps the xbox guide button to your choice of esc, alt+F4, or something else, but I think that if you would be able to allow us to natively use the attract mode exit hotkey that navigation would be a lot smoother in general! Thanks again and I look forward to the new releases

Rupert H

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 06:23:50 AM »
Thanks for the great update. You fixed the issue I’d had since 2.4 where games wouldn’t load when in “fill screen (default)” mode.

I have noticed another strange issue related to controls that’s persisted across all recent versions. I’m running AM on a cab and when on any of the filter pages, if I press the second player joystick in the “down” direction it reads the input as “add or remove favourite”. I can confirm that I’ve double-checked the controls and the only key assigned to “add or remove favourite” is the “f” key on my keyboard. This is only an issue because my son loves to grab the joystick when I’m browsing games and delete my favourites. 🙂

Thanks again for your efforts.

serviettzky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 07:35:36 AM »
in my case, AM 2.6.0 is not respond.
I don't know why not.
AM 2.5.1 is not problem.

※ my OS build is Windows10Pro 64bit 1903 18362.418

last_run.log
Attract-Mode v2.6.0 (Windows, SFML 2.5.1 +SWF +7z +Curl)
avcodec 58.54.100 / avformat 58.29.100 / swscale 5.5.100 / avutil 56.31.100 / swresample 3.5.100

Hey Csone, i had the same problem, with a GTX1660, i have updated my drivers and it works!!! ;) ;) ;)

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 11:11:57 AM »
Happy this is still alive and well.

CSOne

• View Profile
    • 배고픈마리오의 만물상
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2019, 01:42:24 AM »
in my case, AM 2.6.0 is not respond.
I don't know why not.
AM 2.5.1 is not problem.

※ my OS build is Windows10Pro 64bit 1903 18362.418

last_run.log
Attract-Mode v2.6.0 (Windows, SFML 2.5.1 +SWF +7z +Curl)
avcodec 58.54.100 / avformat 58.29.100 / swscale 5.5.100 / avutil 56.31.100 / swresample 3.5.100

Hey Csone, i had the same problem, with a GTX1660, i have updated my drivers and it works!!! ;) ;) ;)

Yes
My VGA is GTX1660
Thank you, sir
I will update vga driver.
I am making various themes as a hobby.
Some of them are original designs that I have made, and others that have been renovated to existing great themes.
If you want to see my themes, check out my YouTube Channel.
Youtube :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPnn67Cz-fht6YxYj1grZrw