Author Topic: Hyperlist.xml  (Read 3445 times)

firewater

• View Profile
Hyperlist.xml
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »
Hey guys. Trying to set up AM for the first time. I come from RetroFE, were the metadata for games is handled from root folder > meta > hyperlist, were there are dozens of .xml files with the name of the systems, containing info for the games of that system. So the one for Super Famicom goes:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<menu>
  <header>
    <listname>Super Famicom</listname>
    <lastlistupdate>11/26/2011</lastlistupdate>
    <listversion>1.3 Final</listversion>
    <exporterversion>HyperList XML Exporter Version 1.3 Copywrite (c) 2009-2011 William Strong</exporterversion>
  </header>
  <game name="2020 Super Baseball" index="true" image="2">
    <description>2020 Super Baseball</description>
    <cloneof></cloneof>
    <crc>0d77933e</crc>
    <manufacturer>SNK</manufacturer>
    <year>1993</year>
    <genre>Sports/Baseball</genre>
    <rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>
    <score>4.6</score>
    <players>2</players>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
  </game>

The way it works is - if there is a filename matching the <game name>, it appends all its info to it.

So I'm wondering how can I import this into AM? If not possible, what's the equivalent?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperlist.xml
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.4.0/Readme.md

Code: [Select]
You can also import romlists from mame listxml files as well as gamelists for other frontends. Supported source files include: *.lst (MameWah lists), *.txt (Attract-Mode lists) and *.xml (Mame listxml, listsoftware and HyperSpin lists):

attract --import-romlist <source_file> [emulator name]

This directly answers your question but there are other ways to get better/more metadata. Search the forum if you're interested.

firewater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
Thanks much for the reply. I've been looking at a number of threads, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for when it comes to most optimal. Do you mean the thegamesdb scrapper is better than this?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »
listxml and listsoftware are best for MAME and MESS things because they give additional info like screen rotation, status, number of screens, etc.

thegamesdb.net will probably give you a little more info than the hyperspin.xml.

You can also combine some of these by providing the paths to the files in emulator.cfg import_extras field and/or use thegamesdb.net as well.