Author Topic: Retropie erasing data! Hyperpie(MLP image)  (Read 5070 times)

vesne

• View Profile
Retropie erasing data! Hyperpie(MLP image)
« on: May 14, 2017, 12:31:41 PM »
Hey folks, thanks for your hard work over here! Im a fan of this board! See if you guys can help me out...ive got a problem!
i was adding and organizing roms from an external HDD, but suddenly things from attract mode began to desappear in a second... i was working with pcfx roms and themes, when i plugged the external HDD in, it  wasnt recognize by attract mode,fisrt i thought it could be my mistake, but when i rolling to seeothers emulators, they were wwith no romsm at all!!
i dont know why,, first thing ive noticed was the roms, that no emulator's display was showing, second, when i rebooted it, nothing appears now! NOTHING AT ALL! is like when you first get to attract mode for the first time.. but when i accessed WINSCP, it shows all the files overthere... Really strange!
Im afraid to loose all my hard work that i put into it! ANy idea, guys? im desesperate!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:01:22 PM by vesne »

vesne

• View Profile
Re: Retropie erasing data! Hyperpie(MLP image)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »
Note... something strange happened,... i added the apple2 display again on attract mode...and then reboot it..i  restarted from emualtion station and for surprise all the emulators was displaying, though a lot of games wouldnt work...i tried to iniciate with AM, but remains the same, nothing has changed..no emulators are displaying..i dont know what to do ...any ideas, mates?

another note... pi3 showed on screen an error coming from the 3do roms location...i didnt catch that, it was too quickly disapeared
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:03:04 PM by vesne »

bjose2345

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »
I'm going to assume first that you are working with a raspberry pi and second that AM does not work with external hard drives (not without symlinks), only will work the plug and play thing in emulationstation and this is brand new

vesne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 06:09:35 AM »
I'm going to assume first that you are working with a raspberry pi and second that AM does not work with external hard drives (not without symlinks), only will work the plug and play thing in emulationstation and this is brand new

sorry for not to give more details about it..
im working with pi3 , 128gb samsung evo + , seagte expansion 1tb and the MLP hyperpie image. Acctually AM was working so fine untill yesterday, something happened, i didnt touch on scripts at all, it just erase everything on AM. The image on sdcard got everything, the external HDD is only more roms that i have added. The image itself has roms as well... But now AM doesnt have even the displays from the image.. nothing...its appearing a brand new AM ready to config...but when i access the image it has all the files, nothing changed...

bjose2345

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:51 AM »
I'm going to try another assumption, Did you suddenly turn off your pi?

vesne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:36:35 AM »
Nt that i remember... before this happen, i remember shutting the pi3 down before taking the hard drive out from it... when i finished work on the hard drive into the PC, then i plug the HDD in the pi3 and booted it! But i can assure you that sometimes i turn it off like the way you said.. i tried with another pi3, with the same card but nothing changes!
All the emulators is well configurated, but i cant put them on display..

vesne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:38:25 AM »
i want to try some options before erasing almost a month of work.. glad i saved the files from pi and the HDD in the computer...

vesne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:56:42 AM »
just an update.. i went on rasp-config in emulation station, and exapnded the files... rebooted and now appears all the games from microsd card and HDD, but no response at all from attract mode! Really weard sutff :o

bjose2345

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 02:20:05 PM »
I think you need to expand your file system from the beginning, please check this post maybe you can find a better answer

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1249.msg9046#msg9046

vesne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
Thanks man. It really helped me out... I think i found where is the problem...at least whats is causing it... The HDD is almost full, so i think is making the system to run with bugs,...i just made a fresh image again,, and when it boot up on emualtion station, it was ok! but when i setup the extended HDD and restart system, nothing shows!! So then, i remove the hdd and restart again with attratch mode. and there we go! It was fine! I dont know the problem yet, but is very suspicious the HDD causing that problem! Im gonna do some investigation about it, and tell you guys!