Author Topic: how to patch mame with .diff and compile mame source code on windows x86 and x64  (Read 75701 times)

hermine.potter

• View Profile
@ gamesfan
sorry, can't help. I'm not using mameui.
I'm offering you the relevant files (old = before patching ; new = after patching).
Use a tool like winmerge to see which codeline differs / changes and transfer it to mameui sourcecode (it seems similar to mame sourcecode).
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

millansoft

• View Profile
Hello,

I tried to compile myself MAME 0.205, I followed the instructions, but after an hour compiling I got the following errors shown in the snapshot.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

hermine.potter

• View Profile
@ millansoft
-delete content of C:\msys32\src
-start again at 10)

Pacmaniac

• View Profile
Hey guys-

Hoping someone can help me out with my diff patch. I'm on XP, SP3, using MAME 149, and I get this error when I try to run the patch command to add hi_149.diff.

When I open the diff file as a txt file, line 4 is:

@@ -41,6 +41,7 @@

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. (Edited b/c holy cow that first attachment was huge. Sorry)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:07:13 PM by Pacmaniac »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Mame 0.220 is out
new building-tools added : https://www.mamedev.org/tools/
Mamedev.org only offers x64 systems / 64-Bit since version 0.218
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:48:17 AM by hermine.potter »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
thanks good to know....
help a friend....

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
I'm trying to recompile for .204, but when I try to run the pacman -Syuu patch command, everything fails spectacularly. Is there some other trick to downloading patch? Thanks!

hermine.potter

• View Profile
@ Bgoulette
Seems, that exists a problem, at the moment.
Stay tuned. Try again at different times.

-there is a way to get patch command. But I do not know, if it's still working.

-or you take pre-compiled version of mame from here.

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
Thanks, @hermine.potter. I downloaded GnuWin from that link, and it gave me an installer for patch-2.5.9-7-setup.exe. Forgive my noobness, but is this the file I need? I haven't extracted it yet -- not sure if it goes in the msys64 directory or somewhere else. (I did try getting patch through msys64, but got the same failure messages.) I appreciate your help!

EDIT: I extracted GnuWin and Python and attempted to patch msys64\src, but after the cmd prompt opens, and after patch.exe opens, all I get is a blinking cursor in the patch.exe dialog :( I'll keep trying the pacman method. Unless I've overlooked something? Thanks!

EDIT 2: That didn't work, and I'm still getting the same failure message when I try to get patch via pacman :( Any other ideas? Thanks!

EDIT 3: All right, I found patch-2.5.9-7-bin.zip, but I'm not sure where I should extract its contents? As you can tell, I have no idea what's going on! Thanks again for any help anyone's able to provide!!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:02:32 AM by Bgoulette »

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
Okay, I extracted patch.exe and placed it in the msys64\src folder. When I run the command listed in the first post:

Code: [Select]
patch --binary -p0 -E <C:\msys64\src\hi_XXX.diff

there's a slight pause (almost imperceptible) and then I get the prompt again. Should I see any kind of message if patch was actually successful?

After I run patch, I exit the console, restart the console, and from the [MINGW64] C:\msys64\src> prompt type
Code: [Select]
make and hit Enter, but it says no target specified. As always, thanks for any help!

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
I _think_ I successfully patched Mame .198, but I don't know for sure. Maybe it's moot: when I run the make command, a buncha stuff scrolls across the screen, but then errors start appearing, thing like deprecated functions, etc., and after a while, it says it failed and gives another error code. (I don't have a screen shot at the moment: I'll try to get one and update this post.) Sorry for being so annoying, but thanks for any help!

(I also tried with .223 and got the same error when trying to compile.)

davecham

• View Profile
Hi Guys

I am struggling with getting a version of GroovyMame with no nag etc. I downloaded Mame Compiler 64, I've tried for 3 days solid to
try and get this to work, I've followed countless tutorials but I cant do it, I just cant work it out. Please can anybody help me?

I want a specific version of Mame for my arcade cabinet that's using Windows XP. I have to use an old version.

I would like GroovyMame 0.183 with all the nag screens removed and Hiscore enabled. Can you please compile this for me mate?
It has to be this particular version and for windows XP 32bit.

Im so frustrated right now, if anybody can send me the compiled mame.exe I will happily paypal them £10.00 for their trouble.

If anyone can get back to me I would much appreciate your help. if you are willing to help me with this please PM me your email and I will send you the money via paypal. I honestly insist I give you something for helping me, you really dont know how frustrated I am. :-)

Hermine, are you able to help me with this?

Kind Regards
Dave

hermine.potter

• View Profile